Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Not all bad...perhaps a real enhancement for Club World?

Not all bad...perhaps a real enhancement for Club World?

Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Yet the seat was comfy enough that you never felt he need to ask for one?
No, I don't find the seat particularly comfy but the crew are usually busy and I won't bother them for something minor. A poor quality mattress topper is hardly going to make a difference. Unless I'm in F, I always bring my TRTL sleepscarf and a light cashmere blanket/pashmina, plus some eyeshades so I'm pretty self-sufficient (which is how I like it!)
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
By your own admission the amount you fly BA this could be a long wait, no?
Indeed, probably the annual outing when there are no other choices.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by bibbju
No, I don't find the seat particularly comfy but the crew are usually busy and I won't bother them for something minor. A poor quality mattress topper is hardly going to make a difference. Unless I'm in F, I always bring my TRTL sleepscarf and a light cashmere blanket/pashmina, plus some eyeshades so I'm pretty self-sufficient (which is how I like it!)
I agree in that it will make little difference, unlike you however, as I'm normally too hot on planes, I'm content with the current provisions. Actually a better pillow would be appreciated.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Funny that they are all MF routes that the trials are taking place on, wonder why that is?
You have stated this twice; I don't know why but what do you think is the reason?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
More compliant, less like to complain and feedback when things don't work, CSMs and those aspiring that will do anything for BA.
Saying that there are some really good CSMs that will do their best to give the company honest feedback but I fear not enough of them.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Silver IHG Platinum Elite
Sounds like an experiment to see if a Club World Plus would work.I don't see how they could hope to cope with all those mattresses and pillows for all the people travelling second class downstairs on a 747 or the dormitories on the 777 or A380. Nice extra service in the bubble for a small extra charge. A sort of First light......
Old Jul 23, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
WW would probably want an extra crew member on board to hand them out
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
As some of you know, I self-upgrade my bedding as follows:
  • 3/4" thick yoga mat that I've trimmed to be roughly the size of my body so that it fits on the CW seat as well as the Cirrus seat
  • single bed flat sheet made of a material that feels relatively cool
  • travel size tempurpedic pillow

This combo makes almost any business class seat comfortable, though it does consume most of my larger hand baggage. It also makes the cirrus and CW seat about as comfortable as the BA F seat for me.

So I wouldn't mind seeing BA make this change as it could free up some space in my bag, though I've been doing this form of improvement for over a year now and it's also been a good excuse to practice more yoga on my trips!
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A P Yu
WW would probably want an extra crew member on board to hand them out
We would want enough crew to be able to offer the service safely.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I don't think the crew will make the bed up like they do in F though, presumably CW passengers can get the bedding down and make it themselves.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Ah, so you believe that MF offering this is not "safe"? If so, a matter for the CAA?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
In particular, logistically this will be much easier on the upper deck of the 747 than say the 77W or mid haul 321, I would think. There needs to be enough stowage and I think it should be trialled on all aircraft types.
Somehow I think the MH 321 will be excluded from this completely - the seats are "inflatable" to begin with which IME make them much more comfortable than regular CW, and with only 2-3 regular proper MH routes (AMM/BEY/most DME)...
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:50 pm

Is that more or fewer crew than is needed to put the blinds down after a flight?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As you are obviously not taking my comment seriously I will not make any comments.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 5:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Accor Platinum etc etc
I reckon 'hand service' is slower than a trolley. So a thumbs down.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.