Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Not all bad...perhaps a real enhancement for Club World?

Not all bad...perhaps a real enhancement for Club World?

Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
Having flown back from ATL the other day in First I was just thinking how much more comfortable it is sleeping in First - I actually manage uninterrupted sleep rather than waking up every hour or so to shift positions, so this would be a fantastic improvement.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Funny that they are all MF routes that the trials are taking place on, wonder why that is?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also they are using First duvets and toppers but will source new ones if the trial is successful, so don't expect the same quality...... just saying.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Also they are using First duvets and toppers but will source new ones if the trial is successful, so don't expect the same quality...... just saying.
Made out of the tuck-boxes no longer required elsewhere?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Where would they store all those mattresses and pillows when not in use?
It's allright in F with a very small number of seats, but take the latest High J 747 and suddendly you need to store 86 mattresses and pillows....
Maybe in the space left empty by the tuck boxes?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by stevie
Welcome development, at last, if it is rolled out.
Haha ^ Very good

(assuming the play on words was intentional)
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Nowhere to put the extra bedding = less handbaggage space = another problem created
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's interesting that the WW fleet are not involved in the trial!
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
It's interesting that the WW fleet are not involved in the trial!
The conspiracy theorist in me would say BA might think the union would object as it's an increase in work, e.g. hand-served meals rather than off the cart?

But then, surely the trial needs to work across fleets. It's hardly as if they'll only proceed with a wider launch on MF only.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am sure that my union would be happy with any service that is well thought through, safe to deliver.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Mattress and pillow would be very good for someone with back issues ^
But I want to see if they are really going to provide them on every CW flights after this trial.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hope this works out - I sleep on my side and used to wake up every 2 hours with a dead leg from the hard CW bed (first world problems). Fixed this by bringing a sleeping bag on board, could do with recovering some hand luggage space.

Incidentally had the best night's sleep (in the air) on CX F the other day. Anyone know if their business class seat is as comfortable?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Fantastic, something that comes as standard on a huge number of alternative Buisness class providers

Well done BA 👍🏻
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Down Low
As well as the "enhancements" described in Can I help you's thread, during August and September BA will be trialling a couple of new initiatives in Club World.

For two months on the upper deck of the BA54/BA57 (JNB) Club World customers will be offered a mattress topper, duvet and pillow from First. If it proves to be successful then the plan would be to source these items permanently for Club World. Breakfast cards will also be offered.

Also on LHR-SAN and LHR-ORD (BA295 only) crew will deliver a hand run meal and drinks service, rather than the trolley and also do a mid flight club kitchen basket pass.

Success will be evaluated through analysis of Customer Voice scores.
Breakfast cards are already offered, so this isn't anything new

Also, I don't see the benefit of hand serving meals and drinks - this just slows the service down...
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
Sounds fantastic at first thought. Just wondering whether the mattress toppers, being wider than the footstools, may lead to window pax getting caught in them trying to climb over aisle pax, unintentionally kicking the aisle pax's feet off the footstool?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.