So excited - my first First tomorrow

Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Actually it was beautiful and much better then any other airline at the time as was the service we offered.
I agree CIHY. My first First was in February 1995 from USM to LHR in the cabin shown in your photo. Lovely large reclining armchairs, Krug champagne and chateaubriand carved from the trolley and plated in front of you. The service was out of this world and although I have not had a bad First experience since, 1995 was by far the best

Last edited by charlesrhona; Jul 21, 2016 at 2:21 pm
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I carried Miss Collins on a memorable trip she was in 1B but her seat was 1A but we had another star in that seat.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I carried Miss Collins on a memorable trip she was in 1B but her seat was 1A but we had another star in that seat.
Do you carry many of your passengers CIHY!? You might be able to get compensation for back pain.

Please spill the beans, who had her seat?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I never talk about anyone who is well known, I have never posted in the celebrity thread.
And as for my back it is broad and strong.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Blue; AA Platinum; Marriott Gold
Enjoy the first First, Hilde!

My first First was Oct 2014, and thanks to CIHY it was a memory NEVER to be forgotten. Took my Mum for her 84th birthday to her native BUD; I was in 1A, she was in 1K on 744 from DFW. I remember every detail as if it was yesterday. Beyond amazing and CIHY is to thank.

Little did we know Mum would be diagnosed with stomach and liver cancer only 5 months later and lived only 6 more months following her diagnosis. She did not make it to her 85th birthday. This trip will be the most special of my life. For all the past trips but for this one especially, I will always love BA.

Again, Hilde, enjoy!
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Making people feel special is the thing that drives me, helping you make your Mums trip to her homeland unforgettable made me very happy.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
Hilde, have a splendid time! I had my first First a few weeks ago, and the entire trip was delightful. All in all, it was just wonderfully relaxing and easy. The CCR was perfect for spending a few hours, I had a very nice (and needed) massage, the crew was lovely, I rather enjoyed having the cheese course in the buddy seat across from my partner, and our bags were amongst the first ten or so to arrive. My only regret is that I fell asleep for quite a bit of it (it was a day flight) and would have loved to have had more time awake for more LPGS.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Hilde enjoy your excitement I'm envious I'm not travelling First tomorrow, but I am in a couple of weeks and it starts the holiday perfectly. Luckily this thread has remained positive and please, report back if it lived up to your expectations
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:29 pm

Have a great time and do report on the trip. I have my first first next week to EWR and am literally counting the hours.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by oscietra
Have fun!

You might find this post useful:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13303132-post21.html

Nice article on how BA F has changed over the years:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...-40-years.html
That brings back memories of the 1990's vintage 747 FC cabin. Was lucky enough to have experienced it myself. It's also interesting to note the dress of folks in the FC cabins back in the day.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Hilde I really do hope you have a fantastic first First flight. I have had just a small handful of flights in First and with the exception of perhaps the very first one all have been absolutely brilliant.

My most recent was on the 787-9 to EWR and it was probably the best of the bunch: a brand new cabin, flawless service (to the point a Golden Ticket was handed out), excellent food (I had the pasta followed by the cheese, and dined on demand) and some very nice champagne and wine!
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Enjoy your flight and be sure to report back.

I was lucky in that my first First was with this interior:

I still remember the cabin staff member whose prime duty in-flight was to walk the aisle with a wicker basket containing a red wine, a white and a bottle of Dom.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Actually it was beautiful and much better then any other airline at the time as was the service we offered.
I'm sure and apologies, I didn't mean to offend. It's just the drapes, the flowers and the plinth with the box in the middle.... First impressions. Just a shock. 😳
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:42 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Hilde
Just wanted to share my excitement about my very first First tomorrow
OLCI completed for my OSL-LHR-ORD trip, taxi pre-booked, boarding passes safely stored on my cell phone. All that is left to do is packing (which I hate), and count down the hours 😊

Thank you for all the useful tips I have found here on FT!
Just had my first First LHR-PHX last week.

Notice the details....the thick carpet under your feet....the soft smooth leather on the armrests.....F is effing awesome. 😌
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by 355F1
Just had my first First LHR-PHX last week.

Notice the details....the thick carpet under your feet....the soft smooth leather on the armrests.....F is effing awesome. 😌
I was in 1A on Saturday... It's a nice medium duration longhaul flight, a pretty optimal time to enjoy first.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.