Wiki Posts
Search

LCY-WAW route coming back?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
LCY-WAW route coming back?

I received a survey from LCY last week about a potential new London City to Warsaw route. Wondering how likely it is to come back and who would operate it - BA or LO? I think BA operated it for roughly a year around 2007-2008?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:37 pm

I'd be pretty surprised if BA were to do it. A few other routes would seem more suited - ARN for example springs to mind.

No idea if LO might give it a go.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
With more E-Jets coming online I wonder what will happen with the leased S2000s
They do seem an ideal aircraft to test new routes.

cs
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I would prefer to get back evening LHR-WAW flight than new LCY-WAW. Lack of evening flight is very inconvenient.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I would prefer to get back evening LHR-WAW flight than new LCY-WAW. Lack of evening flight is very inconvenient.
Couldn't agree more!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I'd be pretty surprised if BA were to do it. A few other routes would seem more suited - ARN for example springs to mind.

No idea if LO might give it a go.
+1 for bringing back LCY-ARN. The loss of the 767 fleet will reduce capacity on the LHR-ARN route plus this could be an opportunity for BA to put some more pressure on SAS who have recently dropped GOT-LHR.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by mec72
I received a survey from LCY last week about a potential new London City to Warsaw route. Wondering how likely it is to come back and who would operate it - BA or LO? I think BA operated it for roughly a year around 2007-2008?
Indeed BA operated one daily flight to Warsaw from London City - I've used it once going home for Christmas. And yes, I also got the survey - I doubt LO would operate that route thou - afaik they would need modification to their E175/E195s fleet for steep approach or sth like that.

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Agree! That flight was very convenient for weekend breaks. I keep sending an email to BA's customer relations asking about bringing this route back, but they don't listen
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
Evening flight to WAW

I have only flown to WAW of late and found the choice of flights quite poor. I agree that an evening flight would be a good idea.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 12:18 pm

BA's flights are totally rammed - and a look at the timekeeping of Lot's appalling 737s will explain why.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why from LCY? This doesn't make much sense.

Unless EZ have a spare aircraft they want to use?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:47 am

I endorse the need for more WAW capacity, especially bringing back the evening departure from LHR. It need not be an extra daily departure but Friday and Sunday evenings would be beneficial to a lot of business and leisure travellers, for starters. LOT has gone downhill with its ancient 737-400s and endless delays, Wizzair fly late from LTN but I would never fly that airline again and Ryanair flies to a random airport outside Warsaw. The KLM connection via AMS has proved viable but far from convenient or mileage point attractive. I also remember BA using the A321 on high density days (Fridays and Sundays) but terminal 3 now seems to be an all A320 European base. With Warsaw growing as a business base, and the long haul feeder traffic to and from the US being particularly high, I hope BA looks seriously at changes.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I remember flying 757 on LHR-WAW route!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:24 pm

The challenge is that although a late Thu/Fri might be good yield wise, the aircraft then needs to night stop (with the cost that brings) and then operate an early flight back Fri/Sat AM which may not be so hot on yield and takes up a valuable morning slot at LHR.

Plenty of competition on WAW-USA traffic and it's a dogleg anywhere else via London so little high yield connections to capture (and presumably frequent flier locals will be Star Alliance loyal anyway)

I too remember doing a very well priced weekend break on the 757 years back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.