Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Name Change and Middle Names

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Executive Name Change and Middle Names

Hi

I am in the process of having to have my middle name added to my passport for Green card reasons, so my passport will now show my first and second names, does this mean I have to get my middle name added to my BA executive account?

Also registering my daughter for a BA account, she has two middle names, so assume when I register for her under the section "First Name" I put her first name and two middle names so it matches her passport?

Thank You
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:29 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
As long as the first and last name matches it is ok. No need to add middle name(s).
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Originally Posted by nux
As long as the first and last name matches it is ok. No need to add middle name(s).
Thank You was just worried going back and forward to the States and through immigration that they might be picky if ticket did not have middle names.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Obvious question: how come you didn't have it on your passport anyway? Or are you not British? Most people I've seen have it under their 'Given Names' straight after the first name.

But yes +1 for it being fine.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
You do not need to update the name on your Executive Club account, as long as your first name and last name are correct. You can update your passport information, if you have it stored, to include your middle name (and you should), but this doesn't affect your account name or how your bookings are made, which is fine.

Also see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-name-pnr.html and http://runningwithmiles.boardingarea...ames-problems/

There's actually more than one space for a name to be entered in a PNR, and they don't have to be identical per se - there's the NAME field, which is the name the booking is made in and the ticket is issued in. This needs to match the passport, but doesn't need to have every/any middle names. It can, but they're not needed. Short/diminutive names musn't be used in the NAME field though; no CHRIS if you're really a CHRISTOPHER/CHRISTINE etc.

Then there's the PSPT field, which is associated to a NAME field, but contains more information; passport number, DOB, names - this is where all names in the passport should be entered.

If you really want to add your middle name to your Executive Club account name, go for it.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Foltan
Obvious question: how come you didn't have it on your passport anyway? Or are you not British? Most people I've seen have it under their 'Given Names' straight after the first name.

But yes +1 for it being fine.
Irish, good question, not sure really, when I turned 18, many moons ago I shortened my first name and left my middle name out, but now the immigration services here in the States have added my middle name to my application as it is on my birth cert.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JAXBA
You do not need to update the name on your Executive Club account, as long as your first name and last name are correct. You can update your passport information, if you have it stored, to include your middle name (and you should), but this doesn't affect your account name or how your bookings are made, which is fine.

Also see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-name-pnr.html and http://runningwithmiles.boardingarea...ames-problems/

There's actually more than one space for a name to be entered in a PNR, and they don't have to be identical per se - there's the NAME field, which is the name the booking is made in and the ticket is issued in. This needs to match the passport, but doesn't need to have every/any middle names. It can, but they're not needed. Short/diminutive names musn't be used in the NAME field though; no CHRIS if you're really a CHRISTOPHER/CHRISTINE etc.

Then there's the PSPT field, which is associated to a NAME field, but contains more information; passport number, DOB, names - this is where all names in the passport should be entered.

If you really want to add your middle name to your Executive Club account name, go for it.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.