Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Information Requested (young people connecting via LHR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life

I would very much appreciate some assistance in how the following will work.

I have used Avios to purchase tickets for my best friend's nieces to travel from Moscow to Glasgow (via LHR) this summer. They are 16 and 13 and travelling together. Visas, paperwork, etc. are all sorted. They are travelling unaccompanied.

What I am looking for some help with is the actual process of connecting at LHR.

- In Moscow do they check their luggage straight through to Glasgow?
- At LHR, I assume they go to flight connections and pass through immigration there?
- What about their baggage? Do they need to collect it at LHR to pass through customs and they recheck it for Glasgow?

Or I am overthinking this and the process is simple and smooth?

Any commentary would be very, very much appreciated!
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:09 am

Programs: AC 35K
If booked on one-ticket luggage should be check through, no need to pickup in London although they will need to go through passport control (and security) in Heathrow before boarding their domestic flight.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Assuming all on one booking, it should be simple and smooth

Check in bags at Moscow, collect at Glasgow. Flight connections at LHR, go via Domestic route (pretty well signposted) then through passport control and onto hand-baggage screening then the shopping mall (airside).
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Thank you both, much appreciated!

My best friend used to live in London and this was easy, he would meet them at LHR when they arrived. He only moved up to Glasgow last autumn and this is the first time they are connecting.

It's all on one ticket, so sounds like it will be simple.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a transfer guide to Terminal 5, prepared by KARFA, in the forum's Dashboard. This has maps and photos to assist.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:27 am
Formerly known as Tim Farrell

Remember that when they collect the baggage at Glasgow airport, it won't be on the belts with most of the other domestic baggage. They'll need to go through the doors at the other side of the baggage hall to belt 3 (for domestic baggage that originated outside the EU).
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Thank you C-W-S and Timster!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.