Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Strange flights showing on BA.com and cancelled flights not disappearing. Why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton diamond, BA GCH

Flight booked by Mrs C via an agent was LHR-Middle East return. On going to BA.com, there is LHR-Milan at the end. I called BA and was told the flight including the Milan segment was booked by the agent. The agent said it was added by BA. The main flights have ended. There is no plan for us to travel to Milan. The flight is for a Sunday and could not be used for a weekend away in any case. I do not know if the flight has been paid for.

On a related matter, we have had 2 flights cancelled but they still show up but for future dates. You cannot access theses flights as the site says a refund is being processed. We still get phone alerts related to the cancelled flights.

What are these all about?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:00 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Is the LHR-Milan flight on the same reservation as your LHR to Middle East flights were? Sounds like the travel agent may have used hidden-city ticketing to lower the cost.

The cancelled flights still showing is normal, the agent will move the date to the future so it does not disappear before the refund is processed. Not much you can do about it.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton diamond, BA GCH
Originally Posted by nux
Is the LHR-Milan flight on the same reservation as your LHR to Middle East flights were? Sounds like the travel agent may have used hidden-city ticketing to lower the cost.

The cancelled flights still showing is normal, the agent will move the date to the future so it does not disappear before the refund is processed. Not much you can do about it.
Yes.
I suspected as much but the agent is denying that they booked it. Would the starting point of the journey not have been Milan then?

Is there a risk as in ex-EU flights of a problem in not taking the last flight then?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by chimambu
Is there a risk as in ex-EU flights of a problem in not taking the last flight then?
Its not clear if you've flown the return flight yet, but I'd say the bigger risk would be short-checking the bag on the return so you could collect in at LHR. If booked that way, BA will check any bags through to Milan.

If the flight has not been flown, and you intend to check bags, I'd recommend getting it fixed. I'd not be concerned about missing that leg if you go HBO.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:11 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by chimambu
Yes.
I suspected as much but the agent is denying that they booked it. Would the starting point of the journey not have been Milan then?

No they could have booked LHR-DXB-LHR-MXP for example, which would price half a LHR-DXB with half the MXP-DXB fare.

What sort of TA was it? Online, corporate, bricks and mortar?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Its not clear if you've flown the return flight yet, but I'd say the bigger risk would be short-checking the bag on the return so you could collect in at LHR. If booked that way, BA will check any bags through to Milan.
That depends on the length of the booked stop at LHR, though. If it's more than 24 hours, then the bags have to be short-checked to LHR.

Is it possible to access the e-ticket receipt via classic.checkmytrip.com? It would be interesting to see what that says, and what fare bases were used to fare the ticket.

One other question that comes to mind: If the trip had simply been booked LON-ME-LON, would it have complied with the minimum stay requirements of the cheap ex-LON fares (usually 3 nights, I think?). If the TA has booked the extra LHR-MXP to evade a minimum stay restriction as well as to get a cheap fare via hidden city ticketing, I suspect that revenue protection may want to have a quiet word with the TA.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:09 pm

This is a very strange one, given both parties are denying booking the MIL leg. Very curious to hear the outcome.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
This is a very strange one, given both parties are denying booking the MIL leg.
Place your bets! Who's opening the book?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.