Wiki Posts
Search

Zurich Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Zurich Lounge

Will be flying from Zurich to London City soon

Is it worth visiting the lounge ? or is it quite a way from the lounge to the gate where the LCY flights depart and best to not bother ?

All advice welcome
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:32 am

There are 2 lounges you can use in ZRH, one near B/D gates called the Aspire Lounge, good if you are departing from D gates.

However, there is also the Panorama lounge at the E gates. Normally (99% of the time), BA LCY services leave from E gates, therefore makes sense to use Panorama. You'll need to take the Heidi train to E gates from the main terminal

Aspire does offer a better catering selection however. If you have time, you are able to visit both

More details here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post19761535

ZRH is my home base, so I know it well. PM if you need any more guidance.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
You'll need to take the Heidi train to E gates from the main terminal
That is the train with the long moooo sound? Didn't quite get that.

I flew ZUR-LCY in Y a couple of weeks ago, unusually for me I never made it to the lounge. Security took about 10 mins and passport control 30 sec for my early am flight.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info

It will be early -- so maybe the Aspire Lounge sounds good to get some breakfast ....
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
There are 2 lounges you can use in ZRH, one near B/D gates called the Aspire Lounge, good if you are departing from D gates.

However, there is also the Panorama lounge at the E gates. Normally (99% of the time), BA LCY services leave from E gates, therefore makes sense to use Panorama. You'll need to take the Heidi train to E gates from the main terminal

Aspire does offer a better catering selection however. If you have time, you are able to visit both

They turned the Panorama lounge into an Aspire lounge too - the building works just finished a few weeks ago. It's a bit smaller now, but still has a decent food offering and luckily they kept the lovely terrace!

The screens in the terminal tend to show quite early whether or not your flight leaves from the E gates, so if there is no gate shown it's probably from the main terminal building - I've had a lot of LCY flights, particularly the late afternoon ones, leave from D!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Quarky Quark
That is the train with the long moooo sound? Didn't quite get that.
The very one - it gets a bit tedious if you have to use it several times per week. But the tourists initially have a sense of bewilderment, then see the funny side. Much like Roger Federer welcoming you on arrival at the A gates

The nutty Swiss!
Old Jun 25, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gfl, GGL
I love to see peoples faces when there is a sudden, very loud Moooooooo
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red

We hit some problems with this yesterday. We arrived in the B/D lounge before the LCY gate was showing on the screens. The agent checked my boarding pass and said you will be departing from E and should go to the other lounge. Based on the food comments, I said I wanted to stay in the main lounge and she rather abruptly told me that people have been going to both lounges and that if we went into this one we would be blocked from entering the E gate lounge later. I said that was fine. She didn't like that and said E was the nicer lounge and she would be sure to make sure the other lounge knew not to let us in. Again I said this was fine, and she relented. I certainly didn't appreciate the attitude but i sensed this was under instruction from BA. We were also given 2 hour wifi vouchers, anything else was chargeable.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by essexadventurer
We hit some problems with this yesterday. We arrived in the B/D lounge before the LCY gate was showing on the screens. The agent checked my boarding pass and said you will be departing from E and should go to the other lounge. Based on the food comments, I said I wanted to stay in the main lounge and she rather abruptly told me that people have been going to both lounges and that if we went into this one we would be blocked from entering the E gate lounge later. I said that was fine. She didn't like that and said E was the nicer lounge and she would be sure to make sure the other lounge knew not to let us in. Again I said this was fine, and she relented. I certainly didn't appreciate the attitude but i sensed this was under instruction from BA. We were also given 2 hour wifi vouchers, anything else was chargeable.
As far as I'm aware the Aspire lounges in B/D and E have identical catering, although I haven't travelled through ZRH as often as I usually do this year and am happy to stand corrected.

Also, if you happen to have Priority Pass and are travelling from the D gates, I highly recommend giving the Aspire lounges a miss and using the LX lounge at the D gates. It's a bit hidden but quite nice, and unlike the lounges upstairs has actual views of the outside world!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by csutter
As far as I'm aware the Aspire lounges in B/D and E have identical catering, although I haven't travelled through ZRH as often as I usually do this year and am happy to stand corrected.

Also, if you happen to have Priority Pass and are travelling from the D gates, I highly recommend giving the Aspire lounges a miss and using the LX lounge at the D gates. It's a bit hidden but quite nice, and unlike the lounges upstairs has actual views of the outside world!
I was at Aspire lounge at Terminal E. First class and Emerald can enter Aspire First. This is a GREAT lounge, very quite, maybe only 4 ppl in the small lounge, the chef even create a dish for us, and special make a ice cream and fruit platter, which, he told us the fruit platter is 100% made by Zurich local fruit! Be sure to pay a visit.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I never realised there was another option. Moreover I seem to recall that there used to be a Galleries Lounge, but when I went there a few months ago, although the lounge was in the same place, it seemed to have become a third party lounge. It's ok but nothing special, and the only view I could see was of the departure concourse. I would prefer a lounge after passport control and the moo train.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
The Aspire lounge in the main terminal has not been a Galleries lounge, at least in the last four or so years. The E lounge is nicer, if not for any other reason than the view. OTOH, the people watching from the windows of the main terminal lounge is pretty good.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 6:54 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
For one thing the E lounge is usually less crowded.

I would rather just go to E because I tend to lose track of time and I don't want to have to run to the train (not that close to D lounge) then stand in a passport queue for 2-3 minutes.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
The B/D one was a "OneWorld" lounge until mid-2015, when (literally overnight) it became an Aspire branded one, at about the same time that one of the other lounges in the B/D complex also did.

At that time (Aug 2015), the E gate lounge was still Panorama and was the "multi-airline" lounge there, with the exception of Emirates who had their own facility. Things have changed clearly.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
I was at Aspire lounge at Terminal E. First class and Emerald can enter Aspire First. This is a GREAT lounge, very quite, maybe only 4 ppl in the small lounge, the chef even create a dish for us, and special make a ice cream and fruit platter, which, he told us the fruit platter is 100% made by Zurich local fruit! Be sure to pay a visit.

Interesting, and a shame we missed out on Aspire First. But hopefully we'll get another chance to visit Zurich as it was a lovely city.

Does the lounge database thread still get updated?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.