Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Audit of Frequent Flyer Programmes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold for Life, SPG Plat Elite
Audit of Frequent Flyer Programmes

This story caught my eye.

The Department of Transportation in the US has recently had an audit of their oversight of the FFPs in the US and there are some interesting comments see link: http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2016/06/...ore-oversight/

As you can see there was comment about the increase in the number of points required for an award flight - the audit quoted a Delta flight.

As both the CAA and BA has an internal audit unit (essentially the UK equivalent of the US Inspector General), it would be fascinating to know if either party has ever had an internal audit of the BAEC programme and what was recommended. Unfortunately both have the UK love of secrecy which will prevent us ever hearing of it unless a FOI request was made to the CAA.

I particularly like this quote which I think probably sums up many FTers thoughts of the award flight frequency,

The DOT said airlines determine the availability of award tickets by using “complex algorithms that weigh numerous dynamic variables, and we are not confident that these processes could be summarized for effective use by consumers.”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.