Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL First Lounge Experience?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:42 am
Original Poster

PHL First Lounge Experience?

Hi all. New to FlyerTalk. I've been searching through the board trying to get as much info on this as I could but can't seem to find much -- I'll be flying into PHL late morning, and have a hefty layover before my early evening BA connection to LHR. I'll be in First, so will have access to the PHL lounge.

From what I've read on here, I know that the lounge is separated by a First Class side and Business Class side. However, I can't get much information on "First Dining." Is there actually a sit-down restaurant that will be open? Or will I share the business side buffet and bring my food back to the first side?

Most PHL lounge reviews I can find are about the Business experience, so finding First information has been difficult.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I was there on Sunday. The BA lounge doesn't open until 3pm which may be the first issue you have. Once you enter there is the first side to the left and the business side to the right of reception.

In the F side there is a lounge area with self-serve drinks and light snacks. Also there is a separate smallish dining area where you can have a meal served to you. I wish I had taken a photo of the menu for you now. You won't have to use the business area buffet and you would be served food and drink at your table by the lounge staff.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by EmeraldSun
Hi all. New to FlyerTalk. I've been searching through the board trying to get as much info on this as I could but can't seem to find much -- I'll be flying into PHL late morning, and have a hefty layover before my early evening BA connection to LHR. I'll be in First, so will have access to the PHL lounge.

From what I've read on here, I know that the lounge is separated by a First Class side and Business Class side. However, I can't get much information on "First Dining." Is there actually a sit-down restaurant that will be open? Or will I share the business side buffet and bring my food back to the first side?

Most PHL lounge reviews I can find are about the Business experience, so finding First information has been difficult.
Welcome to FT!

It's a full service dining facility in the F section. See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19996975-post4.html

and

http://efficientasianman.boardingare...ss-lounge-phl/
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
I was there on Sunday. The BA lounge doesn't open until 3pm which may be the first issue you have. Once you enter there is the first side to the left and the business side to the right of reception.

In the F side there is a lounge area with self-serve drinks and light snacks. Also there is a separate smallish dining area where you can have a meal served to you. I wish I had taken a photo of the menu for you now. You won't have to use the business area buffet and you would be served food and drink at your table by the lounge staff.
Good to know! Do you happen to remember around what time the dining area opened? Any thing stand out that you remember from the menu?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EmeraldSun
Good to know! Do you happen to remember around what time the dining area opened? Any thing stand out that you remember from the menu?
I think the dining area was available after roughly 4.45pm. The desert (some kind of fruit thing which I now can't remember exactly what it was) I had was nice, and the filet mignon was ok. I would say overall it was all nice enough but noting spectacular.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk EmeraldSun, and welcome to the BA forum. It's always good to see new people here, welcome on board.

Originally Posted by KARFA
I think that may depend on whether there is a First flight in the relevant time frame, and the numbers expected in the Club lounge. That dining area is primarily for First dining, and offers the same menu as JFK CCR and IAD CCR (by the same catering company). If there is no First cabin, then the Business Lounge is where you go for food, plus the snack options on the long table in the middle of the lounge. At 15 hrs I would not assume on much being available, the proper food comes out about 2 hours before the BA flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.