Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller Plus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks Swanhunter. BA's site says they are in the process of updating WT+ on the 777's so I wasn't sure about this particular one but if it's the same product then I'll just choose the time that suits.

I come back from another work trip on a Saturday and have to fly out to Sin on the Tuesday. I want to try and fit in a day with a UK client and it would suit me better to do that on the Tuesday and go straight to the airport and keep the Monday for myself. A 7pm flight would mean leaving a bit too really but 9pm means I can work till 6pm.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
criso all BA15/16 flights are the 77W of which there were 12 delivered in two batches of 6 from 2011-2014 I believe. All have the same (newest) incarnation of WT+

This seat is also the same as the A380 which covers the BA11/12

The A380 has a larger cabin, and as such you could have more noise / disturbance. The 77W has fewer seats and may have an increased chance of an OpUp to Club. However, I wouldn't factor this as chances are slim.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: BA - Blue
lack of recline bulkhead 77W?

Just flew this aircraft in WTP for the first time as a family, so didn't want to go exit row. Booked the bulkhead seats (row 21)...and they weren't able to recline. It didn't interfere _too much_, but was a tad irritating. I was under the impression that all seats recline in the cabin?

I didn't mention it to the crew since my daughter had fallen asleep, but thought I'd check up here?

tb
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
All seats recline but can be a little stiff and need to be pushed hard.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I'm clearly even more of a weakling than I had realised. I thought I gave it a pretty good shove, but perhaps not...next time I'll give it some real welly!

tb
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:33 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Aisle seat of the middle three in row 20 on the 789 is as good as any other aisle seat, isn't it? Being able to recline without feeling I am inconveniencing anyone else is a +ve for me and I'm willing to put up with people stood by my seat as they wait for the loo to not have to worry about making someone else's trip less comfortable!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Flying on the 747-400 tomorrow and at the last second switched out of 12k to 11k for the bulkhead, but now a bit worried after people have mentioned the restricted leg room.... any thoughts on this?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm 187 cm tall and I know I'm able to get out of 12A without disturbing 12B, so if you are reasonably agile it should be OK.
Would the same apply for 33A/B/J/K version too?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
The newly refurbed 744 WTP seats are really stiff ... took quite a lot of manhandling by the crew member on my flight to get three or four in cabin (including mine) to recline and get the foot rest to pop up.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
I have a query on WTP seating. I'm booked on the BA0219 747 to Denver on 24th March and have the second row, row13 DEFG seats booked. None of the front row 12 is available yet, how can I/can I find out if the seats are taken by Golds or families or if they might open up at T-72? When they do open up is T-72 from the regional departure (EDI) or LHR departure time? We are three silvers and one bronze. Any advice would be really welcome - thank you!
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Ruth4325
I'm booked on the BA0219 747 to Denver on 24th March and have the second row, row13 DEFG seats booked. None of the front row 12 is available yet, how can I/can I find out if the seats are taken by Golds or families ...
At present, 12DE are occupied, 12F is blocked (bassinet, I presume) and 12G is unoccupied.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
Thanks Globaliser, much appreciated.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
777-300 WTP Exit Row

Hello,

With my new acquired Gold status I have the option to choose the exit row (22K) for a forthcoming flight to HND in WTP. Does anyone know what size the IFE screens are for that seat? I fly to YVR a bit and it's usually the oldest plane in the World and whenever I manage to get a bulkhead seat, I also get the tiny screen on a stalk which keeps tipping over... I am quite short, so may actually choose a good size screen over an exit row seat.

Are there any other window seats regulars would recommend on the 777-300 if I choose screen size over legroom?

Thank you very much!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Other than the seats by the exits and the bulkhead the seat pitch is all the same, the screens are all the same size (10.6'').
The screen at your chosen seat pulls up from beneath the armrest, finally there is no window next to your seat.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
777-300 WTP Exit Row

Other than the seats by the exits and the bulkhead the seat pitch is all the same, the screens are all the same size (10.6'').
The screen at your chosen seat pulls up from beneath the armrest, finally there is no window next to your seat.
Eeek - no window? That's the decision made for me! I am very glad I asked the question, it never occurred to me that there wouldn't be a window in that seat... Thanks very much for the quick response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.