Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller Plus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:21 am

WT+ Seat Selection

I am booked on BA0012 from Singapore to London. Flight is on an A380-800 so i will be upperdeck. It want the window and the aisle seat for me and my gf. The front row (row 61) is booked or not available.

Is the recline on the last row (row 67) the same as all the other seats or are they a poor selection?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
http://www.thebasource.com/seatmaps/...303yupper.html

Doesn't show row 67 as red so would take it as decent recline.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
All seats have full recline.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

However you are close to a loo shared with the Y cabin behind so can be some disturbance. A380 WT+ cabin is probably the worst in the fleet that have the new seats.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Having done quite a few WT+ flights on the A380 I'd keep well away from row 67 to be honest as they are next to the toilets and go from row 65 upwards.

Odd numbered seats also have double side bins which is handy ^
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Gazkane
I am booked on BA0012 from Singapore to London. Flight is on an A380-800 so i will be upperdeck. It want the window and the aisle seat for me and my gf. The front row (row 61) is booked or not available.

Is the recline on the last row (row 67) the same as all the other seats or are they a poor selection?
The last row has full recline but the toilets are directly behind, the person in the aisle will be bumped by those going in/waiting. The window seat though is quite cosy and private (you will have nobody behind hitting the touch screen and waking you up).

The 380 is a bit of a disaster in premium economy. The toilets are actually in the premium economy cabin, with the last two rows in the middle having the toilets immediately to the side of them, anyone in the last row in particular gets a full view in/out of the toilets. Not nice on a 13h flight. The light from opening the door will also disturb those in the last few rows (the curtains never stay closed long and people will unclip them since they don't know how to get through otherwise).
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:44 am

Thanks for the info everyone. Will avoid the last row i think, will go further up and maybe try to snag the front row if they become available
Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
What are people's views on old WTP on the 772s? Bulkhead or not?

I've only flown it from the bulkhead seats so far, mostly because I try to avoid the cabin altogether - but in the absence of an op-up what's my best bet - choose the bulkhead and accept that the bulkhead is the footrest or go further back and stretch my legs under the seat?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:48 am

I was on a 777 in row 2 of 4 in premium economy. Stay away from the middle corners in the back. Seat D also has the annoying power box. Overall premium economy is sort of a joke, just think of it as economy plus like you are on united with a headset and slightly more recline
Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: OW Gold, Star Gold
777 4 and 5 row WTP differences

What's the difference between the 777 with 4 rows of WTP and 5 rows?

Looking at ExpertFlyer it seems the 4 row one has two bassinets in the middle bulkhead row as well as the two window seats in that row, while the 5 row version has bassinets just in the window seats.
Expertflyer also marks the 5 row version with Green (i.e good seats) while it marks none on the 4 row version.

Anyone know if there is a difference in middle front row bulkhead between these two versions in terms of legroom, is one likely to be old WTP while the other new, etc?

Many thanks for any advise.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Both configurations are the same in the front row.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: OW Gold, Star Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Both configurations are the same in the front row.
Thank you. Any difference in terms of new or old WTP, or is the 4 row WTP similar to 5 rows that some are new and some are old?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All the 4 row ones have new WT plus.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:43 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I tried finding the best thread for this question, but this seems to be the WTP centric thread for all things WTP (maybe I am just stupid )

I have a quick question regarding WTP fares, if I book a WTP ticket like say LAX-LHR-FRA where the LHR-FRA sector does not offer premium economy which leaves me two choices of either paying ~$1400 with the LHR-FRA sector in Y or ~$3000+ (or something ridiculous) to fly that sector in Club Europe.

My question is, if I go with the $1400 fare, what coach booking class do they typically book the intra-EU flights in?

Main reason for this question, is with AA's new EQD requirement it could mean the difference between 5% and 20% per distance flown.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
The short haul booking class depends on the long haul WTP booking class
W -> Y
E -> Y
T -> K

The only tickets from Finland i've seen with BA in WTP have economy for the short haul segments. I've never seen long haul WTP offered with short haul business class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.