Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller Plus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Only the aisle armrests go up in new WT plus.
Wow - must've flown in new WTP 10 times and not noticed that!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist and others via Amex Plat
747 mid J WTP seating question

Dear All,

I've spent some time looking on past threads, but can't quite find an answer to my question. Am hoping for a little insight / help.

Am due to fly on BA179 to JFK, which is showing a mid J config. (Mistakenly thought it would be high J and potentially a refurbed WTP cabin, so my bad).

Last time I flew in 'old' WTP I was in a bulkhead seat and found the angle of watching the TV uncomfortable, so was hoping for some suggestions as to another good seat to pick.

J&K seats from 13-16 are available, as well as 13 & 15B. I generally go for a window, but not overly fussed. (Neither 11K or 15A are available).

Which would others go for based on this choice? Many thanks
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by UKUAFlyer
J&K seats from 13-16 are available, as well as 13 & 15B. I generally go for a window, but not overly fussed. (Neither 11K or 15A are available).
Avoid 15B.

If you're not overly fussed about a window, I'd take 13B as it's a day flight (or at least a "mostly awake" flight). I prefer the A side if there's a reasonable seat because the loo is on that side.

But if you end up on the K side, I would avoid 16JK for noise reasons.

Other opinions may be available in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ller-plus.html
Old Sep 17, 2016, 2:39 pm

Which (aisle!) seats would be the best hope for getting a bit of sleep on 787 and A380 please? I have special assistance so can pick ahead of OLCI time, but has to be an aisle so I can get up and walk around if I need to. Never flown WT+ on either flight, looking forward to it
Old Sep 17, 2016, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by mangochutney
Which (aisle!) seats would be the best hope for getting a bit of sleep on 787 and A380 please? I have special assistance so can pick ahead of OLCI time, but has to be an aisle so I can get up and walk around if I need to. Never flown WT+ on either flight, looking forward to it
Avoid the last row given the traffic heading to the toilet and consider whether you want to risk the possibility of a baby in the front row - but otherwise it's all good.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 3:07 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

I’d recommend a bulkhead aisle seat in the central section, so 60D or 60F on the A380; 10D or 10F on the 787-8; 16D or 16F on the 787-9. That way the middle seat occupant can still gain access/egress to and from their seat via the other aisle without disturbing you.

This of course assumes you're eligible for a bulkhead seat given your special assistance.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
I’d recommend a bulkhead aisle seat in the central section, so 60D or 60F on the A380; 10D or 10F on the 787-8; 16D or 16F on the 787-9. That way the middle seat occupant can still gain access/egress to and from their seat via the other aisle without disturbing you.

This of course assumes you're eligible for a bulkhead seat given your special assistance.
Hello both Prospero and MPH1980, thanks for these tips. I am eligible for bulkhead seats and 16D has just opened up on my flight tomorrow, so I've grabbed it! The potential to be sat next to babies does give me pause (for both them and me), but I won't know until I'm on the flight I suppose and will have to deal with it then...
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Has anyone had 36A/B on the 86J 747 ? I would like to know if the recline is restricted.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There are no recline issues on any longhaul aircraft that I am aware of.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Can I help you
There are no recline issues on any longhaul aircraft that I am aware of.
Thanks CIHY
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:27 am

Hello both Prospero and MPH1980, thanks for these tips. I am eligible for bulkhead seats and 16D has just opened up on my flight tomorrow, so I've grabbed it! The potential to be sat next to babies does give me pause (for both them and me), but I won't know until I'm on the flight I suppose and will have to deal with it then...
Hi all, just wanted to give an update on this - managed to get these seats for both outbound and inbound and they worked a treat! On the outbound there was a family sat in row 16 but they quickly disappeared, so I'm assuming they got an upgrade (lucky them!). Interestingly both flights were pretty quiet in the WTP cabin, I'd been led to believe they were always packed... Thanks for the help, Prospero and MPH1980

Bonus - am now at Bronze as a result of this + MH biz class flights - my first status ever!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
I have an upcoming flight ORD-LHR in a 777 where the WTP cabin map looks different from any I've seen before. It's showing row 22 as an exit row, with nothing in row 21 ahead of it in A/B and J/K. Is this plausibly correct? It doesn't match any of the maps on seatguru, for example.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by tsg20
I have an upcoming flight ORD-LHR in a 777 where the WTP cabin map looks different from any I've seen before. It's showing row 22 as an exit row, with nothing in row 21 ahead of it in A/B and J/K. Is this plausibly correct? It doesn't match any of the maps on seatguru, for example.
It sounds like the 77W; Seatguru is not good with BA; always check The BA Source.

Attached Images  
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Brilliant - thanks very much! I didn't know about that site, that's perfect.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by tsg20
Brilliant - thanks very much! I didn't know about that site, that's perfect.
Nice aircraft - enjoy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.