New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
New Club World (Genuinely something new)

I have something to share. However please acknowledge that I'd rather not 'out' myself, so I may be tight lipped with some seemingly innocent questions you may have.

Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:53 pm

Finally
Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, A3 Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
With aisle access from window seats??? Because otherwise it looks the same...

EDIT: Just noticed - there is indeed aisle access! Should read more carefully before posting...
Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
It does say "for every seat" so I'd assume so. It equally says "Preliminary Artwork" but it looks good
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:02 pm

So appears to be the one published on skift a while ago and discussed in the other threads.

Direct aisle access is obviously the key change and very welcome. Storage space looks improved but still nowhere near as good as Cirrus style seats. I await the vitriol on here...
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Wow! Thanks for posting.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

My initial thoughts are positive, assuming the seat pairs will be positioned 7'-6" apart (to allow access to window and middle seats). Eight abreast may bother those who rank quality on simple theoretical metrics

- window seats remain private possibly with extra bed length (in practice) ✔︎
- additional storage by virtue of slimmer IFE technology ✔︎
- no more sliding screens ✔︎
- no trapezoidal foot cocoons ✔︎
- 20.5 seat width (matches AA/AF/CX Cirrus versions) ✔︎
- arm rests at both sides of seat (improvement on AA/AF/CX Cirrus versions) ✔︎
- quilted leather outer trim ✔︎
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:30 pm

What I don't see is where the footstool is for the window/centre seats. I'm guessing it's a fold-down one (unlike for the aisle seats), but can't tell if it's affixed sideways beneath the IFE or to the back of the seat in front la existing CW. Neither the image above nor the ones on skift actually depict it, no..?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Another thought, assuming this seat is destined for the A350, i’m not sure a 2-4-2 config can be accommodated inside the floor width available on this aircraft. I flew on CX's A350 in premium economy last week which is configured 2-4-2 and it is very tight width wise.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
So appears to be the one published on skift a while ago and discussed in the other threads.
It's a development of that, yes.

What I don't see is where the footstool is for the window/centre seats. I'm guessing it's a fold-down one (unlike for the aisle seats), but can't tell if it's affixed sideways beneath the IFE or to the back of the seat in front la existing CW. Neither the image above nor the ones on skift actually depict it, no..?
Seat in front. Every aisle seat has the curved 'cocoon' for the footrest. An older version of this can be found via the Skift link above, which demonstrates this.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:41 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb

Direct aisle access is obviously the key change and very welcome. Storage space looks improved but still nowhere near as good as Cirrus style seats. I await the vitriol on here...
Indeed, this is very welcomed. If that is the case, BA will have (increase) the most private seats in business class. A BA window seat with direct aisle access beats QR 1-2-1.
navylad likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
Another thought, assuming this seat is destined for the A350, i’m not sure a 2-4-2 config can be accommodated inside the floor width available on this aircraft. I flew on CX's A350 in premium economy last week which is configured 2-4-2 and it is very tight width wise.
Yes I had the same thought. 2-3-2 on the A350 perhaps (as per 787/380UD)? Otherwise those aisles are going to be very tight indeed.
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
This is addressed on another page. Sadly I can-not share this information. The same goes for the situation on the 787, a380 & 777.

For some reason page 7 (this one) was essentially left 'laying about' on the system. Pretty much anyone in the building could have accessed it. For the rest of the pages I would need to access the document itself, and it would be much easier to narrow down who dunnit.

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
You had my pants at direct all direct aisle access and lie flat. I'm onboard.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:49 pm

This thread is going to get very busy...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.