Wiki Posts
Search

B2B Cancelled tomorrow - thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
B2B Cancelled tomorrow - thoughts?

My positioning RFS to Madrid tomorrow evening has been cancelled, along with the return to London.

RFS was booked directly with BA (obviously)

Return was the start of an AA itinerary with the second flight on Friday morning.

What options do I have?...

Thanks
Old May 25, 2016, 6:06 am

I would call AA, explain that your first flight has been cancelled and that since you will be in London initially anyway, please can they protect/reticket so you can start from the second leg.

I don't think it should be a problem but you'll need to make sure they reticket correctly so that you don't get auto-rebooked on another service from MAD or cancelled altogether.

The only issue is if you want the extra 40 TPs - will they make a difference to your haul this year?
Old May 25, 2016, 6:09 am
Original Poster

That is a question alright... it tips me over into GUF2 territory, but I'll hit that later in the year anyway.

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I would call AA, explain that your first flight has been cancelled and that since you will be in London initially anyway, please can they protect/reticket so you can start from the second leg.

I don't think it should be a problem but you'll need to make sure they reticket correctly so that you don't get auto-rebooked on another service from MAD or cancelled altogether.

The only issue is if you want the extra 40 TPs - will they make a difference to your haul this year?
Old May 25, 2016, 6:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is actually one of the advantages of B2B, both sides being cancelled rather than one / not the other. Personally I'd just ask for the LHR service to be protected, start the trip from LHR, and re-book the LHR-MAD service to another date convenient to you, perhaps part of another 40 TP service. But you can ask for a full rebooking to an earlier MAD pair of services.
Old May 25, 2016, 6:13 am

Bear in mind you'll also get the 7,500 avios and £17.50 refunded, so that'd go some way to compensating for the lost TPs... plus of course you get the luxury of not having to fly to MAD and back!
Old May 25, 2016, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Bear in mind you'll also get the 7,500 avios and £17.50 refunded, so that'd go some way to compensating for the lost TPs... plus of course you get the luxury of not having to fly to MAD and back!

Yes that bit isn't bad! Though I now feel a bit silly having a hotel in Heathrow tomorrow night when I live in the city.

I've spoken to AA and they have rejigged the itinerary so that I start in London, however in the background BA were beavering away and now the itinerary on AA shows LHR-MIA and MAD-MIA. I'm sure it's not an issue but should I call AA again to have that second flight removed?
Old May 25, 2016, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This is actually one of the advantages of B2B, both sides being cancelled rather than one / not the other. Personally I'd just ask for the LHR service to be protected, start the trip from LHR, and re-book the LHR-MAD service to another date convenient to you, perhaps part of another 40 TP service. But you can ask for a full rebooking to an earlier MAD pair of services.
Yes I'd have been a lot more stressed if I'd gotten a cancellation notification and not been on a back to back!

They are starting me in London (as per other post) but the positioning flight is an RFS anyway so might as well cancel and recoup.. for now.

Thanks both

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.