When can 1A/K be booked?

Old May 24, 2016, 10:56 am
Original Poster

When can 1A/K be booked?

I have booked 2k and 3k for a 747 flight this week. Up until today 1A/K were not available on the seat map but I have now seen them come up ...however when I try and select i'm advised to phone BA...

As a blue can I assume T24 is the eariest I can select them, is that correct?

Thanks for any advice 👍

Last edited by Richardc77; May 24, 2016 at 11:05 am
Old May 24, 2016, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Richardc77
I have booked 2k and 3k for a 747 flight this week. Up until today 1A/K were not available on the seat map but I have now seen them come up ...however when I try and select i'm advised to phone BA...

As a blue can I assume T24 is the eariest I can select them, is that correct?

Thanks for any advice 👍
They should be available starting at about 72 hours. See this thread and the linked threads within:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-question.html
Old May 24, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I believe that's correct.

Bronze or Silver could select them now. You could also call up to pay for them, perhaps, if you were very enthusiastic.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:11 am
Original Poster

It is possible to pay for seat 1A/K?

I hadn't realised this...👍

Originally Posted by flatlander
I believe that's correct.

Bronze or Silver could select them now. You could also call up to pay for them, perhaps, if you were very enthusiastic.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
No, it's not possible to pay to select.

(I'm not sure that bronze or silver could select them before T-72 but then I've never flown in First as a silver card holder).
Old May 24, 2016, 11:19 am

I was suggesting that it might be possible to pay for 1A and 1K in the time between them becoming available for non-gold, and the time that OLCI opens and non-status passengers can pick a seat. If you really wanted to pay.

But I forgot that tickets in First come with seat selection at time of reservation (except 1A/1K ) anyway, so that is a moot point, and there's no payment - any passenger ticketed in the cabin can select them when the "gold only" time runs out.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Ok so to confirm I have to wait until T24 as a blue?

Originally Posted by flatlander
I was suggesting that it might be possible to pay for 1A and 1K in the time between them becoming available for non-gold, and the time that OLCI opens and non-status passengers can pick a seat. If you really wanted to pay.

But I forgot that tickets in First come with seat selection at time of reservation (except 1A/1K ) anyway, so that is a moot point, and there's no payment - any passenger ticketed in the cabin can select them when the "gold only" time runs out.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Yes. You can't pay to select seats in F.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
They may come available anytime starting from 72 hours. You might also have to wait until OLCI opens. You could also try calling YouFirst after 72 hours. Also see the responses here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ba-flight.html
Old May 24, 2016, 11:54 am

Or sooner - but above I was mainly talking crap, sorry about that.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Indeed, three possibilities:

- they may become available for anyone to select at t-72
- they may become available for anyone to select at t-24 (the most frequent scenario I believe)
- they may never become available for anyone to select, especially if a GCH or GGL chose 1A or 1K and the cabin is reasonably empty in which case BA will occasionally automatically block the other row 1 seat (I stress "automatically": GCH and GGL people out here, there is no point in calling anyone to "ask" that it be blocked, this is not done upon request).
Old May 24, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Indeed, three possibilities:

- they may become available for anyone to select at t-72
- they may become available for anyone to select at t-24 (the most frequent scenario I believe)
- they may never become available for anyone to select, especially if a GCH or GGL chose 1A or 1K and the cabin is reasonably empty in which case BA will occasionally automatically block the other row 1 seat (I stress "automatically": GCH and GGL people out here, there is no point in calling anyone to "ask" that it be blocked, this is not done upon request).
From my limited experience with non-golds on the same booking, I fully agree that t-24 is more likely than t-72.

Many on this board seem to believe that 1A/1K are automatically released at t-72, but I can certainly vouch for that not always being the case having had to wait until t-24 to grab one.
Old May 24, 2016, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, very confusing!

They show as selectable on the seat map but when i "confirm" the message is to call BA...maybe worth calling incase they can select for me??

Originally Posted by FrancisA
From my limited experience with non-golds on the same booking, I fully agree that t-24 is more likely than t-72.

Many on this board seem to believe that 1A/1K are automatically released at t-72, but I can certainly vouch for that not always being the case having had to wait until t-24 to grab one.
Old May 24, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Cymro
No, it's not possible to pay to select.

(I'm not sure that bronze or silver could select them before T-72 but then I've never flown in First as a silver card holder).
I booked a First as a Silver and couldn't select 1A/K, so I assumed they're reserved for Golds (the rest of the cabin was available.)
Old May 24, 2016, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tiffywren
I booked a First as a Silver and couldn't select 1A/K, so I assumed they're reserved for Golds (the rest of the cabin was available.)
Was it on a 787-9? There was a glitch which has been corrected since.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.