Wiki Posts
Search

BA sale

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 1:01 am
Original Poster

BA sale

Hi,

I know that there is a BA Sale on until 17th May, but this does not cover all route / times. Is is possible to confirm with certainty whether a fare is included in the sale and what the price might have been prior to the sale. I am just wondering how much the flights that I am currently looking at might go up in price post sale?
Old May 6, 2016, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
There are some subscription tools out there that show air fare histories - the airlines need these for repricing tickets that are changed after purchase.

Do however bear in mind that BA is increasingly looking like the DFS of the airline world and that another sale will predictably be along shortly afterwards. This site http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/tag/ba-sale/ keeps a track of them.
Old May 6, 2016, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The lowest price finder now flags up in red sale fares
Old May 6, 2016, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
There are some subscription tools out there that show air fare histories - the airlines need these for repricing tickets that are changed after purchase.
Are you able to provide details of any such tools?
Old May 6, 2016, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
The lowest price finder now flags up in red sale fares
Yep I have noted that in the past couple of days.
Old May 6, 2016, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sgrech
Are you able to provide details of any such tools?
It's called expertflyer but you have to pay for it. If you post the details here then someone with a subscription may be willing to check it out for you. I don't have an account anymore.
Old May 6, 2016, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
It's called expertflyer but you have to pay for it. If you post the details here then someone with a subscription may be willing to check it out for you. I don't have an account anymore.
I have just signed up to Expertflyer and I can't find anywhere on the site which shows historical flight prices?
Old May 6, 2016, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by sgrech
I have just signed up to Expertflyer and I can't find anywhere on the site which shows historical flight prices?
"Fare Information" is what you need. If you insert a "Ticketing Date" that's in the past (up to 12 months ago), you'll be shown the fares valid for tickets issued on that past date. (Normally, you'd just leave that blank to get today's fares.)

In addition, if you post the route and cabin that you're interested in, quite a few people here will be able to help you understand what you're seeing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.