Search

Meal on Sea-LHR flight in Economy

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP; CO OnePass; Hilton Platinum
Meal on Sea-LHR flight in Economy

Hi

Can anyone tell me what they are serving on the SEA-LHR flight that departs at 7:10pm? Wondering I presume that breakfast the following morning is served but what else is available? My connection from Alaska in Seattle is about 1 hour so I'm not sure if I'd have time to sit down and eat dinner before the flight. I don't eat dinner prior to 7pm normally so I'm just trying to time things so we don't starve :-)

We also connect in LHR to Madrid so it's going to be a very long 2 days of travel with not much time in between.

Thanks!
Old May 3, 2016, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

You will get dinner on board shortly after take off and then breakfast prior to landing

It will probably be around 830pm before dinner is served on board after take off.

Regards

TBS
Old May 3, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
In Economy, you'll have:
  1. Bar service with pretzels
  2. 3-course meal with choice of two hot main courses
  3. Tea & coffee service
  4. Breakfast box ~90 minutes before landing with croissant/jam + juice tea & coffee service (you can sleep through this - the box can be taken away)

On the LHR-MAD service, you'll get another box with a small savoury roll and a small sweet roll.
Old May 3, 2016, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Okay, great. Thank you for the quick replies. I have trouble sleeping on flights so I'll take some snacks to keep me entertained. Too bad I can't pop some popcorn for the movies :-)
Old May 4, 2016, 12:59 am

I think I have seen popcorn at Seatac shops at south satellite, of course it will not be warm.
Old May 4, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
I would bring some snacks for breakfast as the Y/Y+ box is not great, probably the worst "meal" that BA serve. The shorthaul box is actually better IMO.
Old May 4, 2016, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Do bear in mind that the food offered between LHR and MAD will be limited, and you might want to check the operating carrier (not the flight number) as if it's Iberia then it's buy on board. http://www.iberia.com/ibcomv3/conten...umenu_1604.pdf

If it's BA then you'll get a small sandwich & a drink.

So, it might be worth scoping out what's on offer at Heathrow and knowing where you might be able to grab some food as you pass through the airport, although at least by the time you get there the morning rush of transfer passengers will be out of the way.
Old May 4, 2016, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
I would bring some snacks for breakfast as the Y/Y+ box is not great, probably the worst "meal" that BA serve. The shorthaul box is actually better IMO.
+1 it's shockingly bad
Old May 4, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
You should have enough time to grab something at SEA before the flight, even if it's one hour only. Flights from Alaska are usually on time unless there's something seriously wrong with weather. There's number of food places with take away options close to gate S10 from where BA leaves.

I agree about breakfast box. I looked at it and returned it.
Old May 4, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Last time I did this route it was a choice of the chicken stuff or the pasta stuff ...
Old May 4, 2016, 11:17 am

Is it the same dire breakfast box on LAX-LHR flights?

We got this box on the way back from EWR a year or so ago and weren't impressed - i'd have thought being a much longer flight, SEA/LAX/SFO etc would get a better breakfast, even in Y!
Old May 4, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by pallan12
i'd have thought being a much longer flight, SEA/LAX/SFO etc would get a better breakfast, even in Y!
LAX/SFO etc are considered a longer flight (> 5000 miles), these are the flights that get the 2nd light meal outbound instead of afternoon tea. What the current breakfast is I'm not sure. SEA is not far enough and therefore gets the standard US service, sandwich box outbound, breakfast box inbound.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: *A Gold; OW Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Hyatt GoldPassport Platinum; Accor Silver
I agree. The breakfast box is disgusting, just mass-produced carb-laden tasteless items.
Old May 4, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
The breakfast box is awful. You're better off bringing a bag of trail mix or some sort of sandwich if you can. Otherwise ignore it and get something airside at Heathrow after you go through Flight Connections.
Old May 4, 2016, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Great info everyone. Just what I needed to decide what to take for a breakfast backup :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.