Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA/Oneworld - constantly chasing missing points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness

Is it just me or do other people experience the same level of pain getting points out of BA/Oneworld?

As a BA GGL/CCR, and OnBusiness member, I'm currently chasing the following:

1. Iberia - IT issue when combining Avios (Iberia to Avios.com) - 3,000 points went missing and despite Iberia emailing me to say there was a problem with my request 2 weeks ago, phone calls and emails have so far met with no resolution (if they know there's a problem, why not fix it without my involvement??)

2. LAN - missing Avios and Tier Points from one half of a return sector SCL to IPC. The outbound posted normally in a couple of days - 3 weeks later and I'm still chasing for the return leg - 140 TPs and 2,300 Avios

3. BA OnBusiness - possibly the worst offender. AA has been a partner for over a year, but there is still no facility to link bookings. Claims need to be made manually as retro claims, and in my experience they employ a roomful of people to reject them just for fun. My latest rejection involves 18 sectors - massive PITA to retro claim in the first place and now another round of chasing. Many thousands of points.

4. Avis - random rejections more often than random successes. Currently chasing for 2 different bookings. 2,500 Avios

I know some people consider the points to be a bonus, but in my view they are a contractually binding inducement to use BA/Oneworld services. So please BA/Oneworld - just give me the points you promised me and stop making me jump through hoops and work so **** hard to get the things I'm owed!
Old May 3, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
I have experienced a couple of occasions where points have failed to post correctly. However I haven't found that I had to do much "chasing". Wait the 6 weeks or whatever it is, send in a copy of the bill or tickets and then the points post down the track.

The longest I waited was a Taj Boston booking. I stayed in October and the points posted in March after I submitted the invoice in December... but usually it's been faster and it's always done eventually.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
I've had very few issues over the years, but maybe I've just been lucky.

IHG on the other hand - I don't think I've had a stay credit correctly this year. Last week I pointed out that both the F&B and accommodation points were wrong on a stay, so they duly corrected the F&B ones but not the accom!
Old May 3, 2016, 11:55 am

Took almost 3 months and several calls to BA to get my Finnair points to post on BAEC.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by meinnit
Took almost 3 months and several calls to BA to get my Finnair points to post on BAEC.
This! So frustrating. I have a finnair club europe booking on BA metal from September that has still not been issued despite various claims. I also have various air berlin legs that never get attributed. If the BA support guys read this thread, please get in contact.
Old May 3, 2016, 2:28 pm

Virtually all of my trips on Oneworld have resulted in at least one or more legs having to be manually sorted out....UUA's, flights on TAM, Onbusiness not posting, Iberia tickets on BA metal... I feel like I've been through it all!

I feel like there not a lot of motivation to change..hoping that the majority of passengers will just forget and not make a claim to points they are entitled to.
Old May 3, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Literally every time I make a flight + hotel booking, the bonus miles (1 Avios per Ł) fail to post and I have to email them after 2 months, and wait another month. 7/7 failures in the past 2 years
Old May 3, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ChemicalWoody
Literally every time I make a flight + hotel booking, the bonus miles (1 Avios per Ł) fail to post and I have to email them after 2 months, and wait another month. 7/7 failures in the past 2 years
I am currently chasing bonus Avios due for my last three British Airways holidays. I just don't understand why it seems to be beyond the capability of ba.com's developers to create a system that automatically credits my BAEC account with all the Avios earned.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:56 am

BA/OneWorld are usually pretty good in my experience, except UUAs posting as 'ineligible flight' occasionally.

The grass is not always greener, as I have been subjected to LX's recent IT 'improvements', see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...dit-times.html. I am a real fan of LX, but this is their one frustrating recent change (should be sorted in a few months, we hope!).
Old May 4, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Twice in the past month now I have manually had to request TP for airberlin flights on BA bookings. Twice I have had e-mails from BA saying that the request was "Approved." On both occasions in my BAEC in "Recent Transactions" it shows the flight and then states 0 Tier Points, 0 Avios!

Can anyone shed light on why this would be?! Bear in mind that on the MMB prior to both flights, it stated that I would receive TP and Avios for both bookings.
Old May 4, 2016, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I never had problems in crediting flights with CX, QR, MH.
But repeated problems with BA OnBusiness for business class flights which credited normally on BAEC.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
BA OnBusiness is terrible. In some cases the number of points is now so low that it's not worth the hassle chasing it. But not a single trip of mine this year has fully posted correctly.

AA bookings cannot even be done automatically since there is no wy on aa.com of entering an OnBusiness number. The online form of retro-claim is always initially rejected meaning you have to call. Painful.
Old May 4, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
So, what's the best way of escalating this? I've got a small number of Avios / TP (813/20) due from a QR flight from DOH-LHR. I thought it would be straightforward as the LHR-DOH-DPS/SIN-DOH sectors all posted correctly, just this final leg didn't post at all.

It's all one ticket, all the same sub-class. I've filled in the details online, provided the e-tix numbers, copies of the e-tix, boarding pass etc - chased, harrassed, and nothing. It's from last June, and i'm just too irritated to give up on them!
Old May 4, 2016, 2:26 pm
Company Representative

Hi everyone,
Our Contact Centre team can help with individual requests but I will pass your feedback to my colleagues in the OnBusiness, BA Holidays and Alliance teams respectively.
Simon
Old May 4, 2016, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi everyone,
Our Contact Centre team can help with individual requests but I will pass your feedback to my colleagues in the OnBusiness, BA Holidays and Alliance teams respectively.
Simon
Thanks Simon - very much appreciated and one of the reasons why Flyertalk is such a great resource.

OnBusiness is a particular frustration with AA flights when the avios and TPs post fine automatically but OnBusiness reject the retro claim - there is no need for them to even talk to AA - if BAEC can post the points correctly then all the details, dates, fares etc have been made available to BA already by AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.