Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Particular A380 Business seat when travelling with baby?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Hi there

We will soon be flying the new A380 LHR-YVR in Club World, and bringing our 7-month old daughter.

Was just wondering if BA have any bassinet seats in Club World on the A380? Or if there is any similar arrangement for infants?

We are back to Blue after not having travelled the long routes for a while, so can't reserve FoC in advance, I believe.

Thank you!
Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
I believe that you can reserve seats FoC at any time with an infant on the booking (someone who knows will be along soon).
We were able to assign seats with an infant on a short haul HBO ticket.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
You should be able to select your seats FOC in Manage My Booking if you have an infant on the booking.

There are 3 bassinet positions in CW on the A380 - 10J & 14E on the main deck and 56B on the upper deck.

We found 14EF to be the best option when we travelled with our 11 month old on the A380 to IAD last year. The two middle seats make an enclosed area with direct aisle access. We were also lucky that there was no-one in 14D or 14G either way. Sitting next to each other, facing the same direction, with the bassinet directly in front of us both was definitely easier than it would have been in one of the side pairs facing opposite directions.

It's also near the two CW rear toilets on the main deck which is handy for nappy changes. We did find those toilets quite small and there isn't a lot of space for dealing with a baby. One advantage of the upper deck CW cabin is the massive toilets at the front.

We were concerned prior to the flight that there may not be enough bassinets / child seats (BA offer both, bassinets for the babies, seats for the slightly older infants - both go on the same fold down ledge in the bassinet position) as you can't reserve one before the flight. We asked for it as soon as we got on board but it wasn't a problem and there didn't seem to be any shortage at all.

We also found the crew were happy to offset our meals and allow one of us to eat first whilst the other looked after the baby which was really helpful.

Good luck with the flight.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Hi clib,

You can reserve your seats at the time of booking when travelling with an infant on BA. If you do not do so yourself, BA will allocate you a seat(s) at 5 days out from your travel date.

This and much more about travelling with infants can be seen here:

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...g-ready-to-fly

And yes, there are bassinet seats in CW on the A380 BA operate. I see someone has already posted about that bit...

Enjoy this wonderful aircraft and trip!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
SO I just had a momentary lapse of confidence when confronted with the BA seat map at checkin and phoned BAEC to double / triple check that the CW seats we have selected (56A/B) are bassinet / child seat pos.

As far I was aware they are (and indeed this thread seems to confirm that this is the case). However the dozy call centre bod in the EC spent 10 minutes with me on hold, checking, and then swore blind that they don't have this facility at all in CW. Kept going 'sir - these are flat bed seats'... completely failing to understand the question I had asked him.

I hung up in frustration as it's clearly baloney.

Most of the time my calls to EC are handled pretty competently, but just once in a while you get something like this. Grrrr
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:44 am

Would be very interested to know anyones opinions on their seats with a baby on the A380 in CW.. at the moment I've put myself in 14E & the one next to it for my wife...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.