Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage shambles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2016, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Baggage shambles

2 x A380 arrive at same time from SIN and JNB and they put all the cases through one carousel.

Arrived at 5:40. Got cases at 7:10

Oh and why only have 6 of 14 egates on when you have 2 large plane loads landing.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by dolfinco
Oh and why only have 6 of 14 egates on when you have 2 large plane loads landing.
Their operation has to be monitored by humans, so it depends on how many humans are available at that time to do the job.

Arriving at LCY the other day, the human had stepped away from the area just as we entered the immigration area, so none of the e-gates could be used - causing a mass sideways shuffle from the queue that we had been directed into towards the traditional desks.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:37 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Early morning arrivals tend to be trouble at LHR due to HKG (2x), JNB, SIN and one of the African cities too...not sure if Lagos, Nairobi, or Accra.

All flights are heavies, with 3 A380s coming in before 5:45am.

The E-Gates issue was covered a couple of days ago, in terms of explaining that its 5gates:1 monitor. So, if they cannot spare an extra 2 monitors, less than half the E-Gates are permitted to be operational.

In terms of baggage coming onto the carousels, I can understand and appreciate your frustration.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
... In terms of baggage coming onto the carousels, I can understand and appreciate your frustration.
Indeed, and why over 90% of my trips are strictly HBO.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:47 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Indeed, and why over 90% of my trips are strictly HBO.
Likewise, except when travelling with my Other-Half.

All of my business trips are HBO, but when I go away on holiday, I do take a suitcase.

JNB, SIN (due to SYD) and HKG are all quite popular holiday destinations, hence I can believe rather hefty baggage loads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.