FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room).

The BBQ itself will be Ł5 per person, pay at bar and then collect food, with a choice of:

Aberdeen Angus Beef Burger
Cumberland Sausage
Mixed Vegetable Burger

Selection of toppings and dressing, served with

Tomato and Red Onion Salad
Mixed Green Salad
New Potato Salad

Bar Prices
Bottle Beer - Ł3
Cider - Ł4
Belvoir Soft Drinks - Ł2

Large range of wines and champagnes including:

Bollinger Ł45
Joseph Perrier Ł30
Prosecco Ł15

Musar Jeune Red - Ł15
Sharpham Valley White - Ł15

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Where are you staying?
Park Plaza Riverbank - hcuk94

Attendees updated to post #255
Confirmed - 71
Accidental Scientist, aks120, BA or bust, bafan, BAGoldBoy, BAGoldBoy+1, BlackberryAddict, BLHD, BLHD+1, boost, CasaDeTony, CasaDeTony+1, Chris_G, chris1979, Cris L, danielbk, danielbk+1, DGM1985, elsanchez, ESC, frasier, frasier+1, GadgetGal, Godot, Gshumway, hcuk94, howarsan, howarsan+1, Iamnotlost, Iamnotlost+1, Iamnotlost+2, jcm9000, Jermyn, Jimmie76, JohnSydney2000, JohnSydney2000+1, KARFA, KeaneJohn, LE2, LondonAndy, LondonAndy+1, mariagri, matthandy, megaloman, missdimeaner, NoTiersForMe, nwmgc, onaswan, onemoretrip, Pandra, Pandra+1, Physci, Pilot37, pjh981, Richmond_Surrey, robertf999, Sealink, seaskybound, Sixth Freedom, skye1, small_clanger, snuffi, SleepySynapse, Sparkster, Stimpy, TheFlyingDoctor, Tiffywren, tomparskate, wizla, World Traveller Fuss, 81romeo

Possible - 25
agehall, AJLondon, AlisonB84, AlisonB84+1, angeloedades, darthlemsip, DocWatson, Eskimoboy, exilencfc, Gagravarr+1, GodAtum, Gshumway, JamieABZ, johnny5a, mattking2000, michalis, missdimeaner, papyPiHi, pianoamit, Raffles, RichardInSF, RichardInSF+1, Soupey202, visualAd, yetihouse

Pre-Do Lunch

For anyone interested in meeting up before the Do (or that cannot attend), we're thinking of having a lunch on Friday.

Interested in lunch

Location: Skylon (at the Royal Festival Hall), due to the small group I (Dylan) made a reservation.

dylanks, jcm9000, Elsanchez, Alextheengineer
Print Wikipost

The London DO 2016 - Friday 1st July

Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
Just booked the Waldorf on cash and points....very reasonable!
Indeed it is, and I also took advantage of the same.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Do we have to RSVP or can I wait until last minute?

Count me as maybe.
I think it is fine to confirm close to the date - I think we just need a rough idea of numbers.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Another year, another hospital venue for the DO. I'm starting to notice a trend ;-)

Count me in plus my wife, the lovely Mrs. CasaDeTony.

Hopefully by then I'll be able to celebrate reaching BAEC Silver. That is, if my tier points run in the states goes accourding to plan (First on AA from SFO to LAX, for Ł60 and 60 TP).

Thanks for organizing!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:10 am

I hope to make my first ever flyer talk do bug will hVe to confirm nester the time.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:10 am

Sorry but, not bug, have not hVe and nearer not nester!!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
Hmmm I'll be 8 months pregnant so probably no, on the other hand i'd hardly have far to go if anything were to happen!
you've got to get junior started on FT early so might as well come along...

Originally Posted by wizla
Just booked the Waldorf on cash and points....very reasonable!
Originally Posted by KARFA
Indeed it is, and I also took advantage of the same.
I am sensing you are volunteering for the post-DO venue here....

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Do we have to RSVP or can I wait until last minute?

Count me as maybe.
you (and especially you) are most welcome to join at any time - numbers are useful for the venue but there's no 'deadline' for signing up.

Originally Posted by nwmgc
Should be good - my birthday next day! I always learn something at the Do, but forget what due to the drink..
As well as SWMBO, my sister will be over from SAN (on Avios) then, too
haha
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
I am sensing you are volunteering for the post-DO venue here....
Depends on how attractive the post-Do attendees are
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I will be attending with Mrs BAGoldBoy - looking forward to another great evening!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by KARFA
Depends on how attractive the post-Do attendees are
Probably more attractive post Do than pre Do...
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
My +1 and I look forward to attending.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond

you (and especially you) are most welcome to join at any time - numbers are useful for the venue but there's no 'deadline' for signing up.

Awwww how kind. How can I not go, am really going very hard to make it. I have a wedding in London but a week or 2 later.

Will have to fly instead of the train, I need some tp otherwise my year will end with nothing.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
you've got to get junior started on FT early so might as well come along...
Will play it by ear
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
I'm planning to be there...
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
As a long time lurker (and a BA Gold thanks to, in particular, this forum) - would love to join!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board mariagri

I see from your first post (Jan 16) you've never received an official welcome so apologies there on behalf of the Ambassadorial Team!

The Do's are a great way to meet other FTr's and certainly adds, for me anyhow, a very interesting extension to my social life meeting many folks from a whole range of backgrounds etc. There are links to the previous London Do's so that will give you a flavour what to expect.

I won't be able to make this one, at the moment anyhow for certain reasons, but I can assure you you'll have a nice time and all very normal folks!

I see you did join some time ago and you're a self confessed lurker and you may have read the BA Forum Dashboard. If not then it's certainly worth a trawl.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.