FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room).

The BBQ itself will be £5 per person, pay at bar and then collect food, with a choice of:

Aberdeen Angus Beef Burger
Cumberland Sausage
Mixed Vegetable Burger

Selection of toppings and dressing, served with

Tomato and Red Onion Salad
Mixed Green Salad
New Potato Salad

Bar Prices
Bottle Beer - £3
Cider - £4
Belvoir Soft Drinks - £2

Large range of wines and champagnes including:

Bollinger £45
Joseph Perrier £30
Prosecco £15

Musar Jeune Red - £15
Sharpham Valley White - £15

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Where are you staying?
Park Plaza Riverbank - hcuk94

Attendees updated to post #255
Confirmed - 71
Accidental Scientist, aks120, BA or bust, bafan, BAGoldBoy, BAGoldBoy+1, BlackberryAddict, BLHD, BLHD+1, boost, CasaDeTony, CasaDeTony+1, Chris_G, chris1979, Cris L, danielbk, danielbk+1, DGM1985, elsanchez, ESC, frasier, frasier+1, GadgetGal, Godot, Gshumway, hcuk94, howarsan, howarsan+1, Iamnotlost, Iamnotlost+1, Iamnotlost+2, jcm9000, Jermyn, Jimmie76, JohnSydney2000, JohnSydney2000+1, KARFA, KeaneJohn, LE2, LondonAndy, LondonAndy+1, mariagri, matthandy, megaloman, missdimeaner, NoTiersForMe, nwmgc, onaswan, onemoretrip, Pandra, Pandra+1, Physci, Pilot37, pjh981, Richmond_Surrey, robertf999, Sealink, seaskybound, Sixth Freedom, skye1, small_clanger, snuffi, SleepySynapse, Sparkster, Stimpy, TheFlyingDoctor, Tiffywren, tomparskate, wizla, World Traveller Fuss, 81romeo

Possible - 25
agehall, AJLondon, AlisonB84, AlisonB84+1, angeloedades, darthlemsip, DocWatson, Eskimoboy, exilencfc, Gagravarr+1, GodAtum, Gshumway, JamieABZ, johnny5a, mattking2000, michalis, missdimeaner, papyPiHi, pianoamit, Raffles, RichardInSF, RichardInSF+1, Soupey202, visualAd, yetihouse

Pre-Do Lunch

For anyone interested in meeting up before the Do (or that cannot attend), we're thinking of having a lunch on Friday.

Interested in lunch

Location: Skylon (at the Royal Festival Hall), due to the small group I (Dylan) made a reservation.

dylanks, jcm9000, Elsanchez, Alextheengineer
Print Wikipost

The London DO 2016 - Friday 1st July

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by snuffi
Perfect date, will be there. Need to work out how I can fly from E11.
Originally Posted by KARFA
LCY-AMS-LGW and train to Waterloo?

I would like to say I have never done something quite so odd before but ...
surely that's the only FT way to get from E11 to the venue?

maybe we should have a price for 'best' route.... though we've had attendees from OZ at BAEC DOs in the recent past.

Originally Posted by Jamier45
Unfortunately I'll not be able to attend, I will be in Lille cheering England into the semi finals of euro 2016
hate to break it to you my friend but April Fools day was on Friday. hope you got a flexible return ticket and see you at the DO!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm in the country then, so shall do my best to come along
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
PS, actually, on the off-chance that England defies its track records in various recent tournaments and makes it past the group stage, Gavin did have TVs for us last time to watch something else (it was either Rugby or Cricket) so anyone worried about the semi-finals, there's a good chance you'll be able to watch it from our venue.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 12:53 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I can't make it on 1 July

Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I should be able to make this one -- will be my first do!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Excellent date ^ : that's Canada Day @:-)

Please put me down as a maybe as I usually do visit the Capital on that day to see if our embassy does any events...
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:57 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BotB
to see if our embassy does any events...
High Commission....
Old Apr 3, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
For the first time I'm free and in London - so please count me in
Old Apr 3, 2016, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Count me in!
great! we can discuss outcome of EU referendum and how to put the world right then - I am off on holidays the next day for 2 weeks so I'll be in good spirits. :-:

Originally Posted by SleepySynapse
I should be able to make this one -- will be my first do!
great you can make it to your first DO!

Originally Posted by pjh981
For the first time I'm free and in London - so please count me in
^

Originally Posted by BotB
Excellent date ^ : that's Canada Day @:-)

Please put me down as a maybe as I usually do visit the Capital on that day to see if our embassy does any events...
will be great to have you there sir!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Am hopeful I can make it to my first Flyertalk do! Depends on work etc but looking good at the moment....
Old Apr 3, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
I would love to come and will confirm when able, I trust a mid-20s not currently frequently flying chap is just as welcome as anyone else?

Anyone got some creative routings from either Holborn (WC1) or Bermondsey (SE1) to the venue? Perhaps a route via TXL from STN for the former, or LCY-JFK-LHR followed by bus/train via Feltham to Waterloo for the latter?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 3:03 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
High Commission....
I'm North American c-w-s, and therefore supposed to generalise and mix these things up , however, as always, you're correct, thanks for the polite steer...^
Old Apr 3, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
As a long time lurker I suspect I will be star struck by all the FT celebrities at this DO! But it is just up the road and I will be in London that day so I will be brave and come along to meet you all
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I booked a cheeky week in Spain so sadly will be out of the country.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Ahh I've yet to make it to an FT Do - I was holding out hope for the London DO since I'll be over there this summer but sadly I'll be up in EDI this particular weekend.

If there's a post-DO that bleeds into the next week / weekend though I'm there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.