Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DXB Concourse D has opened

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:19 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by stargold
Since C is actually a ~400m tunnel away from T1, and the train from D leaves from T1 rather than C, I would imagine that getting from C to D (and back, for the flight from A) will be pretty painful.
Thanks both - sounds like one for a long delay and time to kill only
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
I'm at a loss as to how you can possibly think he was being serious.
Read my last sentence - again. Not everyone reading BAEC on FT understands British humour - even though we can spell it correctly. WFIW, kids running around an aircraft and in a lounge does smack of "poor parenting skills" - even when meant as a joke. YMMV.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by tmac100
Read my last sentence - again. Not everyone reading BAEC on FT understands British humour - even though we can spell it correctly. WFIW, kids running around an aircraft and in a lounge does smack of "poor parenting skills" - even when meant as a joke. YMMV.
You clearly have no kids:-)

A 4-year old boy in full flow (which, admittedly, rarely happens) cannot be contained, constrained or in any other way controlled!

Here are my two behaving very nicely in BA F:

https://instagram.com/p/9YIhv3rzjJ/

I have, by the way, managed to teach the German woman who writes Shopper Points for me how to 'do' irony, British style, so there is hope for you :-)

Last edited by Raffles; Feb 25, 2016 at 2:11 am
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Thanks Raffles ^

Thanks for the very nice reply. My 2 sons are 17 months apart. Been there and done that - but never had lounge access while travelling with them. I was almost 40 when the first was born (29 years ago). Both are dual citizens (Canada and UK).

I agree wrt hope as it ALWAYS springs eternal
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by Raffles
Yup, there on 4th April I think. My kids can trash the CCB!

Still a bit spooked I got 4 J to AUH and 4 F from DXB over Easter!

We managed x4 F to and from DXB . I think our school holidays are later than yours though.. Starting 1st April. Staying at DAM this time... Also fully booked on Sirius points though it has wiped them clean..but that is what they are there for ^
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
We managed x4 F to and from DXB . I think our school holidays are later than yours though.. Starting 1st April. Staying at DAM this time... Also fully booked on Sirius points though it has wiped them clean..but that is what they are there for ^
In which case, happy to pop over for your DAM happy hour (or you can come over to ours, or of course we may be in the same one!) on April 2nd or April 3rd which are the only days we will cross!
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, ex-EK IO, IC Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Amex Centurion
Some photos...

I'm currently sat in the new Concorde Bar, Dubai and as promised thought I would post some pictures...
Attached Images      
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:15 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
DXB Concourse D has opened

Thanks for the photos.

I think what we really want to know is what drinks are being served in the CCR Bar, and if there are any "better" food choices ??
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by rxfleming
Thanks for the photos.

I think what we really want to know is what drinks are being served in the CCR Bar, and if there are any "better" food choices ??
From the looks of those photos I'm guessing the alcohol is freely flowing...

Seriously, GGL Flyer, thanks for the update it looks very nice. ^
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by bafan
I'm unlikely ever to fly to DXB, but is there a first lounge anywhere that GCHs can get access to ?
I saw it reported somewhere that QR will have a F lounge but restricted to QR customers. All comers will be directed to the J lounge.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:26 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by simons1
I saw it reported somewhere that QR will have a F lounge but restricted to QR customers. All comers will be directed to the J lounge.
According to the following post, QR are moving to Concourse D later today, and the lounge will be opening. So, hopefully we'll find out for sure very soon.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26250751-post29.html
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by simons1
QR operates F,rather than J on DXB-DOH (obviously it's not real F,rather a "US style J class marketed as F),so I beleive it will be a First class lounge. If the access policy will be the same as in DOH/LHR,then I beleive that F (inclduing BA F) customers will be allowed in,but Emerald/Sapphire will be sent to some kind of a dump lounge elsewhere.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
QR operates F,rather than J on DXB-DOH (obviously it's not real F,rather a "US style J class marketed as F),so I beleive it will be a First class lounge. If the access policy will be the same as in DOH/LHR,then I beleive that F (inclduing BA F) customers will be allowed in,but Emerald/Sapphire will be sent to some kind of a dump lounge elsewhere.
I read (and I can't remember where) that QR F lounge was for QR F only. Other travellers will presumably be able to use the QR J lounge or the BA lounge if open.

Doesn't seem unreasonable, I guess if BA thought its customers deserved a F facility they would have organised one....
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, ex-EK IO, IC Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by rxfleming
Thanks for the photos.

Food is almost identical to the 'normal' lounge - at least in terms of hot meals. Last night was a Thai red curry, steamed rice or vegetable pasta. Larger selection of deserts and other nibbles. 3 choices of red wine and 3 of white wine. The red I drank was a Chianti. Not sure re: the fizz - not really my thing.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by crazy8534
From the looks of those photos I'm guessing the alcohol is freely flowing...

Seriously, GGL Flyer, thanks for the update it looks very nice. ^
Ha! Me and technology have some way to go....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.