Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2016, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Silk Cut
Belfast Do - Saturday 10th September 2016
I'm sure that MickV's busy, so as I've just booked my flight I thought I'd take the initiative and start the wiki . He's given some ideas of places to stay and transport here.

Robinson and Cleaver (http://www.robinsonandcleaver.com/) - meet at 6pm
Booking of 20 people inside. We can move outside to the terrace if the weather is nice. Location map here - it is on the north side of city hall.

Interested in a city tour - Calchas, hcuk94, Nufnuf77, GadgetGal, KARFA
Confirmed for R&C - MickV, LondonAndy, KARFA,GadgetGal, Calchas, hcuk94 ,tomparskate, noniron, MsCapricorn, Sealink, haasha, catharsis

Maybe onto the Duke of York after?

Attending

MickV
KARFA
LondonAndy
Paul4040
rxfleming
Sealink
Tobias-UK + Lady Tobias
noniron
nufnuf77
Calchas
Tomparskate
haasha
catharsis
MsCapricorn
GadgetGal
hcuk94

Possible
bd95
flatlander
JamieABZ
PETER01
ratechaser
srbrenna + Mrs srbrenna
thejohn

Flights

Friday 9 September - flight arrival time shown
BA1426 21:15 (LHR - BHD): LondonAndy, haasha, Calchas

Saturday 10 September- flight arrival time shown
BE121 07:45 (GLA - BHD): hcuk94
EZY603 08:15 (LPL - BFS): Tobias-UK, The Lady Tobias
BE730 08:20 (LBA - BHD): KARFA
BA1424 08:35 (LHR - BHD): Sealink, GadgetGal
BE362 08:45 (EMA - BHD): nufnuf77
BE125 12.05 (GLA - BHD): MsCapricorn
EZY486 16:15 ( EDI-BFS) : tomparskate

Sunday 11 September - flight departure time shown
BA1415 13:25 (BHD - LHR): KARFA, Calchas, GadgetGal
BE1355 13:35 (BHD - LCY): hcuk94
EZY610 14:50 (BFS - LPL): Tobias-UK, The Lady Tobias
BE130 16:25 (BHD - GLA): MsCapricorn
BA1419 19:00 (BHD - LHR): LondonAndy; Sealink
BA1421 20:05 (BHD - LHR): haasha
EZY487 21:35 ( BFS- EDI) : tomparskate

Hotels

Premier Inn Cathedral Quarter:

The Merchant: In the heart of the Cathedral Quarter, probably Belfast’s best hotel. Normally around Ł220 per night. Fabulous cocktail bar, again, probably the best in Belfast. Food is over-rated and can be poor. Walking: City Hall 5 minutes. Ivory 5 minutes. Duke of York 2 minutes.

The Hilton: FlyerTalkers in Residence: KARFA Standard Hilton fair. Location can be a bit dodgy a night but I have never had a problem. I always find it over priced money and points wise. 5 minutes to City Hall, 3 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

The Fitzwilliam: Relatively new hotel. Decent sized rooms with good atmosphere. Very central, beside the main bus station. 3 minute walk to City Hall, 5 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

The Europa: FlyerTalkers in Residence: Tobias-UK, The Lady Tobias, Sealink It is known as the "most bombed hotel in Europe" and the "most bombed hotel in the world" after having suffered 28 bomb attacks during the Troubles. It is fantastic. Slightly old, slightly small rooms but the place has it. Good staff, good bar, good transport links. 3 minute walk to City Hall, 5 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.
lowcostholidays link

Park Inn: FlyerTalkers in Residence: Catharsis, hcuk94, GadgetGal Standard Park Inn for you Club Carlson fan boys. Hard to get a hotel any closer to City Hall. 1 minute walk to City Hall, 3 minutes to Ivory, 7 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

Ten Square: Beside city hall. Always packed with Early Saturday drinkers. Not for me.

Transport:
Belfast International (BFS): Served by Easyjet and Ryanair. It is named International because it is probably closer to the International Space Station than Belfast City Centre. Getting into Town will probably take 30 minutes by taxi (Ł35-Ł40) or 45-50 minutes by bus. I think the bus runs every 15 minutes or so and cost Ł7.50 one way, Ł10.50 return.

Belfast City (BHD): Served by BA, Flybe and Aer Lingus. Centrally located. 10 minutes by taxi roughly Ł15-Ł20. Bus about 20 minutes. Bus is also every fifteen minutes and the main bus station is beside the Europa Hotel.

Dublin Airport (DUB): Ł8 by bus pre booked online and will take 2 hours 15/30 minutes.

Things to do in Belfast:
http://visit-belfast.com has everything really. The only thing to be careful about is tours to the North coast can take hours and hours. I would recommend the Titanic centre and the Black taxi tour. The black taxi tour is fantastic and takes you through some of the real flash points in Belfast and give a great insight to the City, plus it’s very funny.
Print Wikipost

Belfast Do 2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by MickV
Belfast Do September 10th 2016

Location: It depends what people want really. To me, to get the feel of Belfast on a night out the Cathedral Quarter is the area to go. Belfast is very compact and easy to move around. There is a restaurant at the top of Victoria Square shopping centre that will host a BBQ and is normally quite reasonable. It is a five minute walk onto the Cathedral Quarter. Maybe light bite to eat here and onto the Duke of York?
http://www.theivorybelfast.com/restaurant/home

Hotels:
The Merchant. In the heart of the Cathedral Quarter, probably Belfast’s best hotel. Normally around Ł220 per night. Fabulous cocktail bar, again, probably the best in Belfast. Food is over-rated and can be poor. Walking: City Hall 5 minutes. Ivory 5 minutes. Duke of York 2 minutes.
The Hilton. Standard Hilton fair. Location can be a bit dodgy a night but I have never had a problem. I always find it over priced money and points wise. 5 minutes to City Hall, 3 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

The Fitzwilliam. Relatively new hotel. Decent sized rooms with good atmosphere. Very central, beside the main bus station. 3 minute walk to City Hall, 5 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

The Europa. It is known as the "most bombed hotel in Europe" and the "most bombed hotel in the world" after having suffered 28 bomb attacks during the Troubles. It is fantastic. Slightly old, slightly small rooms but the place has it. Good staff, good bar, good transport links. 3 minute walk to City Hall, 5 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

Park Inn. Standard Park Inn for you Club Carlson fan boys. Hard to get a hotel any closer to City Hall. 1 minute walk to City Hall, 3 minutes to Ivory, 7 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

Ten Square, beside city hall. Always packed with Early Saturday drinkers. Not for me.

If anyone else needs a review, happy to provide it.

Transport:
Belfast International, served by Easyjet and Ryanair. It is named International because it is probably closer to the International Space Station than Belfast City Centre. Getting into Town will probably take 30 minutes by taxi (Ł35-Ł40) or 45-50 minutes by bus. I think the bus runs every 15 minutes or so and cost Ł7.50 one way, Ł10.50 return.
Belfast City. BA, Flybe and Aer Lingus. Centrally located. 10 minutes by taxi roughly Ł15-Ł20. Bus about 20 minutes. Bus is also every fifteen minutes and the main bus station is beside the Europa Hotel.
Dublin Airport. Ł8 by bus pre booked online and will take 2 hours 15/30 minutes.
Things to do in Belfast:
http://visit-belfast.com has everything really. The only thing to be careful about is tours to the North coast can take hours and hours. I would recommend the Titanic centre and the Black taxi tour. The black taxi tour is fantastic and takes you through some of the real flash points in Belfast and give a great insight to the City, plus it’s very funny.

If there is any else anybody needs to know just shout. Hopefully one of the Mods could change the title to include the date and I will start a wiki asap.
At what time do you propose the hostilities festivities begin?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
I'm probably not going to be able to attend now
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Jamier45
I'm probably not going to be able to attend now
Dollhouse calling?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
Dollhouse calling?
You didn't take him there?
Old May 5, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
I've booked my flights so have taken the liberty of starting a wiki based on MickV's sterling work to date.
Old May 5, 2016, 8:22 am

Stick me down as a "mibbe" folks

Should be an easy one given I live there lol
Old May 5, 2016, 9:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
I've booked my flights so have taken the liberty of starting a wiki based on MickV's sterling work to date.
^

Have added my flight details. I have also taken myself off the list for the Premier Inn, I have upgraded to the Hilton now.
Old May 5, 2016, 9:08 am

Extra info: bus from BHD to Europa buscentre is Ł2.50 each way. A taxi is more like Ł10 rather than Ł15-20, I've never paid that much.
Old May 5, 2016, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Just a quick update. I think the venue should change to the below. Nice balcony over city hall. Decent food and drink list as well. Still very central.

http://www.robinsonandcleaver.com/
Old May 15, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
I'm in
Can't wait to be home again!
Old May 15, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Will add the + 1 and I as possibles.
Old May 15, 2016, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You didn't take him there?
Sorry.He was like a kid in a sweet shop
Old May 15, 2016, 3:53 pm

Our flights and accommodation are booked. We shall be in residence at The Europa, stayed there many times before. It's in a very convenient location for the Do venue and airport busses.

Let's hope we can actually make it! Our fingers are already crossed that events do not conspire against us for this one.
Old May 16, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
My Calendar is also free this weekend so looks good Plenty of cheap flights from EDI as well!
Never been to Belfast so this is a perfect excuse
Old May 16, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Booked! Staying at the Europa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.