Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Danish airline Jettime to operate BA flights

Danish airline Jettime to operate BA flights

Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
If you go to book it doesn't come up as RFS eligible - so LHR to CPH in Y is £42 not £17.50. I suspect this may not be intentional though so worth raising with BA.
ah, ok. didn't realise the system would pick this up as a 'partner' flight.

Originally Posted by MrMutton
Dont 2 crew for a full plane, one in CE and one for the rest. Served lunch, then cleared, then drinks then cold coffee - was parched! I had tried to get into the last 2 rows of 2 on the right hand side for our foursome and, allegedly from the seat map, extra legroom, but I was thwarted!

Just very glad that my 4 CPH flights for positioning and exEU in August have all missed the JetTime as I am wary of the wet-leases now.
I'm pretty relaxed about an hour long flight.

that's the only flight to LCY on a Sunday from FRA and LHR is a bit more of a faff so not worth me trying to change it.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Just to help any lurkers here, by answering a question that hasn't been asked! If you booked a flight, thinking it was BA operated, and have now been informed of the changed operator, then it is OK to call BA to be rebooked onto another BA service (though it may be a bit tricky for Glasgow services given the timetable). At least that is my understanding of the SOP.

If this is like the other wet leases, there won't be much need to do so, the service will be very similar to BA, run very professionally, identical catering, and these are very short flights anyway. The ground service is unaffected (lounges etc) as is the frequent flyer situation, you'll get Avios and TPs in the normal way.
Thanks C-W-S! Was successfully able to move from BA817 to BA815 on 15/05 free of charge. The phone agent did manage to sprout the fact that although wet lease carriers are measured 'vigorously' against BA standards before being ultimately selected, it was 'absolutely OK' to change to a mainline BA service.

Seeing as I'm in CPH for a beer festival, taking an early flight back the next day may be brave, however as an A32X fanboy I'm only happy to move to the earlier service
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ThreeRT
Thanks C-W-S! Was successfully able to move from BA817 to BA815 on 15/05 free of charge. The phone agent did manage to sprout the fact that although wet lease carriers are measured 'vigorously' against BA standards before being ultimately selected, it was 'absolutely OK' to change to a mainline BA service.

Seeing as I'm in CPH for a beer festival, taking an early flight back the next day may be brave, however as an A32X fanboy I'm only happy to move to the earlier service
My flights are the start of an Ex-EU so I am rather inflexible on any changes however after spending plenty of hours on the mainline A32X services it will be an intriguing change. It's only 1.40 at the end of this day.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
737 any day, please
Old Feb 23, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
When booking flights operated by JetTime it doesn't appear on the website as a British Airways flight "operated by JetTime" it just shows as a JetTime flight so maybe why it is not showing on RFS?

Also, even though we're aware that it will be normal BA service on board, might be confusing for those who aren't in the know about whether or not food/drink charges will apply as this is what shows when booking flights:

Charges may apply for food and drink. Please check operating carrier website for details
Old Feb 23, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Tim1975
Surely it must be the rotation with the night stop. Otherwise its just 45 minutes on the ground which doesn't really help with maintenance.
As others have reported, my CPH final leg and b2b return are now JetTime. BA816 and 817. I suppose it will be OK. I have to say I'd rather it wasn't on a b2b though.

I wonder if in this circumstance BA would allow you to dump the final sector legitimately, as opposed to swapping to a mainline flight?
Old Feb 23, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
I had 5A & 5C booked in Club on a CPH flight later in the year. It has changed to a 737 but Club only goes back to row 4 now and no seats are available to pick. On the return we have 3A & 3C and these seem to have survived the aircraft swap. Hope they sort out a movable curtain and make room for us!
Old Feb 23, 2016, 5:57 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Slightly OT/OnT but this wet-lease thing brings a memory back. Many years ago, BA used to operate a 747-200 from T3 for Nigeria Airways and codeshared as a BA flight. The flightdeck crew, the cabin crew, the plane, the seats, the IFE was all BA.........apart from the paint on the outside and one or two Nigeria Airways Cabin Crew. It was a green & white plane with the Nigeria Airways name on the sides with 'Operated by British Airways'. For all intent and purpose it was a BA flight.

One night waiting to board, a rather brusque Nigerian gentleman was at the door of the aircraft ranting and raving, demanding he be offloaded, because he was meant to be on a BA flight and had only noticed when walking down the jetway, the Nigeria Airways decals on the plane. It did not matter that everything apart from the paint job was BA, because it didn't have the large BA signage, he wasn't going anywhere on that plane.

Oh, those were the days........

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Slightly OT/OnT but this wet-lease thing brings a memory back. Many years ago, BA used to operate a 747-200 from T3 for Nigeria Airways and codeshared as a BA flight. The flightdeck crew, the cabin crew, the plane, the seats, the IFE was all BA.........apart from the paint on the outside and one or two Nigeria Airways Cabin Crew. It was a green & white plane with the Nigeria Airways name on the sides with 'Operated by British Airways'. For all intent and purpose it was a BA flight.

One night waiting to board, a rather brusque Nigerian gentleman was at the door of the aircraft ranting and raving, demanding he be offloaded, because he was meant to be on a BA flight and had only noticed when walking down the jetway, the Nigeria Airways decals on the plane. It did not matter that everything apart from the paint job was BA, because it didn't have the large BA signage, he wasn't going anywhere on that plane.

Oh, those were the days........

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Gosh, now we are really going back in time, to the beginning of my flying career
They had one or 2 Nigerian Cabin Crew onboard too, similar to ICCs, that didn't last long however due to some strange shenanigans going on, i.e. giving their ID and uniform to family members to have a "day in London" and other episodes. All those was found out rather quickly and as I said it didn't last long.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ENTP
737 any day, please
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:31 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Flier74
Gosh, now we are really going back in time, to the beginning of my flying career
They had one or 2 Nigerian Cabin Crew onboard too, similar to ICCs, that didn't last long however due to some strange shenanigans going on, i.e. giving their ID and uniform to family members to have a "day in London" and other episodes. All those was found out rather quickly and as I said it didn't last long.
I remember also that because it was one of the last departures, it went tech a few times and the flight had to be delayed till the next day. Didn't know about the CC dopplegangers.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by snuffi
As others have reported, my CPH final leg and b2b return are now JetTime. BA816 and 817. I suppose it will be OK. I have to say I'd rather it wasn't on a b2b though.

I wonder if in this circumstance BA would allow you to dump the final sector legitimately, as opposed to swapping to a mainline flight?
I'm sure they would, after repricing your itinerary.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going.
How do you get from LBA to LHR
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by ThreeRT

That's good to know! I'm now trying to decide whether to stick with BA816 and lunch or switch to BA818 with afternoon tea 1,5 hours later.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:00 am

We're booked EDI-LHR-MAH and the domestic leg is now operated by Jet Time. Called to see if we could be moved to EDI-LCY-MAH instead which has better connection times but while the agent was happy to change the JT flight we would not be permitted to change the LHR-MAH flight (without paying) since that was still BA operated. Fair enough I guess but limits the options if you have a connection.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.