Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Does BA 193 (almost) always leave from B concourse?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA

Been on the 193 many times in the past few months and it always leaves from B. Pretty nice given the rather uncrowded galleries lounge when traveling in J.

Does it pretty much always leave from B concourse?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
It could, in theory, depart from any one of the A, B or C concourses. Just so happens you've mostly gone from B which is handy as I agree the lounge is quieter.

The majority of the long haul departures go from the B and C gates. However, there is one stand capable of handling a 747 at the A gates and you could of course get bussed from A gates.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by davidrr16
... and you could of course get bussed from A gates.
... and you could also get bussed from a B gate!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
... and you could also get bussed from a B gate!
Train and a bus. Oh the horror!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Indeed it is not a dead cert to go from B, but I'd imagine - without checking the stats - that is it 80% likely to be B.

This is the 747 (occassionally 777) to DFW. They would be reluctant to do an A10 on that service due to connections and its perceived status in the North Atlantic business model, which leaves just one other gate it can use. C is increasingly A380 and the 787s, which puts more on to B. Moreover to capture the airline's second best market - India - it makes a great deal of sense to get the inbound DELs, BOMs and what not into B too for a fairly slick connnection experience.

But go to B anyway, despite the dire warnings not to do so before the gate is declared, just make sure you've read up on the passageways, in this forum's Dashboard.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
These are very interesting points. I guess it has been an exception that it has, as far as I can remember, always gone from B.

In fact, in the past few months, the next gate over has been the ~10:00 departure to Delhi.

I've often sat next to other AA elites flying on BA metal, so perhaps BA is trying to impress, connecting to a very high elite destination and high connecting flight destination as well.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:46 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Oddly enough, that is my experience as well.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This is the 747 (occassionally 777) to DFW. They would be reluctant to do an A10 on that service due to connections and its perceived status in the North Atlantic business model, ..
I have been on LHR-SFO which was using bus from A10 to the 747 .. it was a very premium experience </sarcasm>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.