Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Sports in T3 Lounges / Elsewhere

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Sky Sports in T3 Lounges / Elsewhere

I'm travelling out of LHR T3 on Sunday and want to catch the Arsenal vs. Leicester game before I fly. I know in the T5 GC lounge they have Sky Sports and can show the football (as was there last Sunday) and wanted to check if this was also the case in the BA T3 lounge?

If not, does the AA or Cathy lounges or is there anywhere Airside?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Yes, the BA lounges in T3 have Sky, although you may have to request they are switched over (as long as nobody else is watching something else of course).

Not sure whether the AA lounges have Sky, and the CX lounges are currently closed for expansion and refurbishment.

There is The Bridge Bar to the right of Fast Track security once you're airside that will probably show it.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Perfect - thank you
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
On a related note, I watched the United vs Chelsea game in the T5 CCR last Sunday and the quality of the picture was very poor. It wasn't much better in the First lounge. Surely BA can do better??
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Brown
I know it is not the same, but is the wi fi quick enough for you to watch on Skygo if all else fails.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Fatpenguin
I know it is not the same, but is the wi fi quick enough for you to watch on Skygo if all else fails.
In a word no, and heaven help you if anyone on here catches you.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
In T3 I go to AA lounge if I need to download a slug of videos to watch onboard - have usually found their wifi much quicker.

The cynic in me wonders if the rubbish BA T5 wifi is connected to Heathrow's premium wifi option (I had to avail myself of premium wifi in BIO last Sunday to catch the Ireland v Wales rugby match)
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
T3 definitely have access to sky, but whether they will readily switch is another thing. I would recommend requesting through the BS supervisor at the time. After a quick shuffle around the AA lounge last week, I did not notice any sky available, but that's not to say there isn't. I do agree that after testing, the AA wifi is much faster. The BA wifi tends to be weaker along the back wall of the lounge in proximity to the rear toilets.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
In T3 I go to AA lounge if I need to download a slug of videos to watch onboard - have usually found their wifi much quicker.

The cynic in me wonders if the rubbish BA T5 wifi is connected to Heathrow's premium wifi option (I had to avail myself of premium wifi in BIO last Sunday to catch the Ireland v Wales rugby match)
I find the Terminal 5 wifi in general quite poor. For supposedly one of the best airports in the world, they need to do better.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by goldencondor
supposedly one of the best airports in the world
What???????!!!!!!!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
What???????!!!!!!!
Well that's what they like to say anyway!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Fatpenguin
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Meaning what? FTers now have an unofficial role policing use of the wifi in the BA lounges?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Agreed - what gives? Who cares if he wants to use T5 lounge wifi to stream the game?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Whilst I'd agree that the wifi in T5 can often be poor I have been able to stream football matches in HD in the CCR (on the terrace if it makes a difference).
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Agreed - what gives? Who cares if he wants to use T5 lounge wifi to stream the game?
He's suggesting that it would use up the bandwidth and slow other connections in T5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.