Wiki Posts
Search

CCR breakfast

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Brown
CCR breakfast

Hello, I have been looking at the breakfast menu on the CCR menu thread, an extremely good thread might I add and thanks to the regulars who keep it up to date, and when it says hot items am I able to order what I want, e.g. 2 poached eggs, two rashers of bacon and three pieces of black pudding?

The reason I ask, and I will accept ridicule for this, is that we are staying in the Premier Inn on Bath Road the night before and I quite like their breakfasts as I can order what I want (not 12 sausages and 20 rashers of bacon!). I dislike going anywhere with a set breakfast as invariably there is something I do not like tomatoes or the devils own food of baked beans, shooting is too good for the person who devised them.

I suppose my question could boil down to "is the CCR breakfast better than a Premier Inn breakfast?".

FP
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Order what you like! Last week I had a bacon sandwich, they proactively ask "would you like egg or sausage in that also"

And if you're wanting a buffet style breakfast pop next door into the GF
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Fatpenguin
I suppose my question could boil down to "is the CCR breakfast better than a Premier Inn breakfast?".
Massively so. There is more than a slither of meat in the CCR sausages for starters, which come from Dingley Dell

http://www.primemeats.co.uk/about-us.../dingley-dell/

And yes you can have what you want, and ask for seconds, leave things out, add things in. I think they're not in the habit of adding black pudding unless you ask for it. Don't overdo it mind, many is a time when I've seen people too stuffed to enjoy the on board menu.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
They'll customise as you wish, extra bacon, no beans, double ration of toast, eggs over easy... that's for me, you can order your own

The kippers are nice too.

If you do overfill at the breakfast and you're in F, ask the crew to hold your preferred meal items and serve them later when you're hungry.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the answers, will have it in the CCR then. Have to admit, I very rarely eat sausages when out, and only ever buy them from our local butcher. Being from the North, a breakfast is never really a breakfast without black pudding, my Irish side also says white pudding as well, but you must have black pudding at the least.

Thanks again.

FP
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
A slight thread hijack if i may. I'm flying back in First from JFK on the late night departure and I'm a Veggie. Are the special meals the same as served in CW (which are a little bit disappointing) or are they the same standard as the rest of the First menu? I'm nervous about not ordering a special meal and then going hungry if they run out of the Veggie options. Opinions welcome please. Cheers, Rob
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: BA GGL
The boiled eggs with soldiers in the CCR are my favourite!

I recommend asking them to butter the bread before they cut it or you'll have to butter your own soldiers, which can be a pain. Ah, first world problems
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I tend to have a double portion of eggs benedict with a side of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon which works well together!

or full English plus Eggs Bene or scrambled again.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bobbob1976
A slight thread hijack if i may. I'm flying back in First from JFK on the late night departure and I'm a Veggie. Are the special meals the same as served in CW (which are a little bit disappointing) or are they the same standard as the rest of the First menu? I'm nervous about not ordering a special meal and then going hungry if they run out of the Veggie options. Opinions welcome please. Cheers, Rob
I've flown this before in F and am also a veggie with a special meal order. CC told me to check the menu too - I could have what I liked as lots of people went straight to sleep. A very rich pasta was the special meal delivered to the plane. In the morning I was offered less as a veggie - I also took the special meal which was a rich frittata.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:36 am

but you must have black pudding at the least.
No thanks. You can have mine. I'll have your beans.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:00 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Also, they'll do things that are not on the menu, if they've got the ingredients and know how to do it.

They do me a very nice, made to order omelette, as an example.

I don't like melon, so they'll do me a fruit salad without melon, when I ask.

bjorns
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have always thought that kippers are very GFish. Naturally smoked haddock and poached eggs would be more appropriate for the CCR.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I do not like tomatoes or the devils own food of baked beans, shooting is too good for the person who devised them.
Are you British?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Are you British?
I saw that you had replied and assumed that you were going to mention square sausages!!!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I saw that you had replied and assumed that you were going to mention square sausages!!!
Funnily enough although I like them I don't really miss Lorne sausage anywhere near as much as I do baked beans. I have even mastered making my own tattie scones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.