Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok Airways Interline Agreement

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Sky Team Silver, Star Alliance Silver
Bangkok Airways Interline Agreement

I'm reading conflicting reports on both baggage allowance and lounge access at Suvarnabhumi on Bangkok Airways. BA doesn't serve Yangon, and the typical routing is via Bangkok on Bangkok Airways. Not OneWorld, but my booking is through BA and I've got two bags. Big 'uns.

I've interrupted my journey for several days in BKK. If I had just hopped off the flight from Heathrow, I could transit in the BA lounge before proceeding to my Bangkok Airways flight to Yangon. I don't supposed I'd be afforded the same privilege after checking in with Bangkok Air?

Does anybody have experience with this carrier on a BA booking?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
In my limited experience, PG is fairly generous/turns a blind eye with checked bags, esp given many of their pax are connecting

There is no longer a BA lounge in BKK; it used to be at the direct opposite end of the terminal to PG anyway. However, PG has lounges for all its pax, including Y pax. Nothing special, but a calmer area with non-alcoholic drinks, salty/sweet snacks and slow wifi. No showers, but none of the remaining OneWorld lounges have showers either at BKK any more
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
I transferred to Bangkok Airways at BKK travelling CW / business class, all one booking. I tried to go into what I thought was the Bangkok Airways lounge for business class and I was amazed to be told it was the economy lounge and was sent to an even better lounge next door!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Sky Team Silver, Star Alliance Silver
Interesting!

Glad to hear about the sympathetic approach to the bags. I may be in for an adventure with lounges.

Many thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:49 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus reward scheme grants an extra 10kg of luggage on all flights just for signing up.

That takes you to a minimum of 30kg even on the cheapest economy airfare and I've never encountered them being particular fussy with carryon weight. I fly with them maybe once or twice a year but have joined their points programme simply to gain the extra baggage allowance.

As others have said lounge access is granted to all passengers both international and domestic.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:50 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Don't expect much on board though... I honestly don't think I've been served such disgusting 'food' before (this was in Y tho)
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Gold)
Originally Posted by jackr27
Don't expect much on board though... I honestly don't think I've been served such disgusting 'food' before (this was in Y tho)
Taking this OT but the food onboard has always been perfectly fine in my opinion, fresh and even on the shortest hops a full tray with multiple courses. Yes it comes with an Asian slant but that is pretty much to be expected given their location.

They are after all pretty much an LCC when you look at the fares. Others could learn a lot from how they treat their passengers.

Also, worthy of note for Bangkok Airways is they are always in my experience happy to thru check your luggage to any onward oneworld flights regardless of how they were ticketed.

A very good airline IMO.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Blenz101
Taking this OT but the food onboard has always been perfectly fine in my opinion, fresh and even on the shortest hops a full tray with multiple courses. Yes it comes with an Asian slant but that is pretty much to be expected given their location.

They are after all pretty much an LCC when you look at the fares. Others could learn a lot from how they treat their passengers.

Also, worthy of note for Bangkok Airways is they are always in my experience happy to thru check your luggage to any onward oneworld flights regardless of how they were ticketed.

A very good airline IMO.
+1.

They are very much what the perception of BA economy was in the "good old days" if they ever existed, except that the prices (£90ish in fully flex one-way Y for a domestic - and it goes down from there) are very affordable indeed by western standards.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
PG is an excellent airline.
But it is trying to move upscale. They open a new Blue Ribbon lounge adjacent to (part of) the Boutique lounge. The Boutique lounge is open to all Y pax, but the Blue Ribbon is only for Blue Ribbon members or Premier (business class) pax . They have introduced a new Premier class to some of its international flights, like Yangoon where you are going. It is similar to a European business class (middle seat empty, improved catering and 30Kg luggage (Y can only have 20 plus frequent flyer allowance).

As you stopover in BKK, you are entitled to only 20kg in Y. Your BAEC G status is not relevant (in theory) and if you bring two bags of 25k you might have problems. But this is Thailand and PG people are nice....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.