Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA launches STN-AGP/FAO/IBZ/PMI

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:24 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
I suppose IBZ, AGP and FAO, funnily enough, will become the first BA-served airports to serve four LON airports.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by paul4040
Oh, and check out the times for the PMI route (!!)
Indeed, not sure I will be queuing up for that one. Explains the recent addition of STN to the dropdown boxes on ba.com.

My biggest issue with STN is the horrendous queue to get through immigration on arrival, at least whenever I use it (admittedly only a few times a year when route and schedule necessitates, precisely because of this). The rest of it I can live with.

Has CWS booked himself on a few flights already?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
can someone post the schedules ?
im curious how they will position the aircraft into STN to operate these routes!

cs
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: BA silver, Hilton diamond, Marriott titanium, IHG platinum
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
im curious how they will position the aircraft into STN to operate these routes!

cs
BA Embraers no stranger to Stansted - it's the main divert when LCY closes.... I'm more concerned that these services mean fewer aircraft will be available for the regular summer weekend 190 routes from EDI/GLA/ABZ to the Med operated by Barrhead Travel on charter. [Never really understood why they didn't operate under BA, since they are always full...]
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cornishsimon

cs
Maybe they'll do something like NIKI planned here near Vienna, positioning flights VIE-BTS (15 minutes!). Anybody interested in a flight LCY-STN for 20 Tier Points?

Last edited by headingwest; Feb 9, 2016 at 4:10 am Reason: would be domestic
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:56 am

Had the briefest of looks but seems some of the CE fares are very keen so might be of interest for TPs, the August Palma flight I was looking at CE was cheaper than ET!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
FAO
Sundays only - BA's earliest ex-UK departure? Makes Ryanair look sociable by comparison...

BA 2297 STNFAO 0540 0830
BA 2296 FAOSTN 0905 1200

IBZ - Sat only
BA2291 STN IBZ 0645 1015
BA2290 IBZ STN 1100 1230

AGP - Sat only
BA2293 STN AGP 1315 1715
BA2292 AGP STN 1800 1950

PMI - Sat out / Sun back
BA2295 STN PMI 2045# 0015
BA2294 PMI STN 0100 0230

So 1x E90 goes - STN-IBZ-STN-AGP-STN-PMI-STN-FAO-STN - all 45 minute turnarounds except for 3 hours 02:30-05:30 (presume to give pilot a quick nap )

Can someone let me know if they see RFS availability released!

Last edited by Sam Bee; Feb 9, 2016 at 4:05 am
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sammyg901
Had the briefest of looks but seems some of the CE fares are very keen so might be of interest for TPs, the August Palma flight I was looking at CE was cheaper than ET!
STN-IBZ at £200, down to £100 with the Avios discount (15,000 needed).
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by seat 13a
BA Embraers no stranger to Stansted - it's the main divert when LCY closes.... I'm more concerned that these services mean fewer aircraft will be available for the regular summer weekend 190 routes from EDI/GLA/ABZ to the Med operated by Barrhead Travel on charter. [Never really understood why they didn't operate under BA, since they are always full...]

Main diversion currently seems to be SEN but hey ho that's neither here nor there!

As most cityflyer aircraft night stop down route I would be interested to see if they will a domestic commercial positioning flight down to STN at some point ex EDI etc, same way that Cityflyer operate a commercial LCY-ABZ flight at the start of the weekend and then another ABZ-LCY to get the aircraft back to city.

Perhaps if they did the routes would be commercial ?

on the subject of aircraft, 1 has newly been delivered second hand to Cityflyer an E90, plus at least 2 more to come in the not too distant future, 1 second hand and 1 new build ?

cs
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:09 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
This is pointless.
MORE LONDON ROUTES.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Can someone let me know if they see RFS availability released!
I'm seeing RFS flights already.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
The key point here is that SEN lost out.
I would have thought that BA would have a lot more leverage with SEN rather than STN.

Last edited by KenJohn; Feb 9, 2016 at 5:45 am
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
According to the Telegraph, seat selection charges will not apply on flights into/out of Stansted.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by davidrr16
According to the Telegraph, seat selection charges will not apply on flights into/out of Stansted.
I read that too but it may be sloppy writing because it goes on to say you can select a seat for free 24 hours before departure.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by headingwest
Maybe they'll do something like NIKI planned here near Vienna, positioning flights VIE-BTS (15 minutes!). Anybody interested in a flight LCY-STN for 20 Tier Points?
I would LOVE this!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.