Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by crazy8534
One for CWS- have checked the LHR-INV inaugural and I see all of us in row 1 and row 10 (exit) not available for selection.
PS: You did see that there is a lovely seat at 2F is still going? Great views of the Cairngorms and I doubt your first choice of biscuits/nuts/crisp will have run out by then?????? I suppose I should ask for a full body shot by PM before making this point.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, BA Amex Business, Amex Platinum, Coutts Silk, Hilton Diamond etc.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
PS: You did see that there is a lovely seat at 2F is still going? Great views of the Cairngorms and I doubt your first choice of biscuits/nuts/crisp will have run out by then?????? I suppose I should ask for a full body shot by PM before making this point.
And miss the chance to sit beside CWS for 1.5hrs and grill him incessantly?!

They'll only fill it with some bright-spark young sexy thing if I don't take it and I couldn't have you subjected to that kind of distraction on such an important flight.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Mine is also not letting me select exit rows, but hang booted me out of them where I am already selected, but I can't change a 10A to anywhere else in that row. Hope this isn't an enhancement.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They'll only fill it with some bright-spark young sexy thing if I don't take it and I couldn't have you subjected to that kind of distraction on such an important flight.
I must admit, though obviously I couldn't say anything to the YC, how much better looking people are down the back compared to my usual cabin-mates. And yes, just like with WTP for 7 hours and 42 minutes, I am sure I'll cope for 90 minutes.....
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, BA Amex Business, Amex Platinum, Coutts Silk, Hilton Diamond etc.
I must admit, though obviously I couldn't say anything to the YC, how much better looking people are down the back compared to my usual cabin-mates. And yes, just like with WTP for 7 hours and 42 minutes, I am sure I'll cope for 90 minutes.....
PM sent. At least I know the dress code.

Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I must admit, though obviously I couldn't say anything to the YC, how much better looking people are down the back compared to my usual cabin-mates.
Now you've discovered why I always fly at the back of the plane.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It'll just be the usual weekend IT tweaking. They do it then as most people have better things to do on a Saturday night than go into MMB to mess about with their bookings.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
It'll just be the usual weekend IT tweaking. They do it then as most people have better things to do on a Saturday night than go into MMB to mess about with their bookings.
Sunday morning here
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:03 pm

Looks like 'on purpose' at the moment, although I can't really work out who it is good for- they don't seem to be trying to charge for them.
As a lowly BA blue, I'm trying to OLCI for OSL-LHR tomorrow. Within 24 hours, so I'd expect free selection within the cabin, and indeed nabbed an exit row on yesterday's LHR-OSL at no charge as usual. However, for tomorrow it's showing as 'standard seat free', and the exit row - all taken, so I can't fully experiment - have an annotation of 18. Enquiries will be made when I return to the office!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gcuk
Sunday morning here
Late afternoon here and 34c....hence why I'm inside staying cool.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Perhaps this is the BA punishment for us shunning CE and selecting exit row seats instead, remember where there's a BA there's a fee.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I've just done two dummy runs to ALC in August and October. Both showing rows free ahead of the exit row on the 320, with both exit rows blocked.

Surely this is a system error?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Perhaps this is the BA punishment for us shunning CE and selecting exit row seats instead, remember where there's a BA there's a fee.
I wouldn't put it past them: It's all about revenue and I did think that BA must be losing it for all the exit seats being taken by Silver and Gold pax.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Late afternoon here and 34c....hence why I'm inside staying cool.
34c? I thought you usually sat closer to the front...

I'll get my coat.....
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Yes, good advice: 'do not attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence...'
Except when dealing with BA, there's also the possibility that it is both combined.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.