Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold / O6 Diamond
I can't select Exit Rows either for my upcoming trips to OPO and CTA - the seats have been all greyed out. I'm really hoping this is just an IT glitch and not a further "enhancement"!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I think the main issue here is not so much of whether it is an IT glitch or not but rather can BA be trusted. There are certainly a few of us previously loyal BA customers on here who seem to have lost that sense of trust. Since I joined BAEC in 2009 it just seems to be endless cuts in benefits, I won't list them all as we all aware of them. Because of this, is it suprising that at every turn we expect even more errosion of benefits?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by contractor
Just checked my seats to make sure the plane hadn't been changed again and was greeted with:

Attachment 1680
How much money does BA lose on each Ł1 transaction?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:06 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Same here, still can not assign myself to an Exit Row.
But an agent did it for me on the phone (Silver line). This time he explained to me that exit row seats are blocked for everybody and become available 14 to 4 days before departure, when the booking goes to Airport Control. Also that "this has always been like that" Nobody is saying the same thing.

Anyway after a little bit of assertiveness, he puts me on hold for two minutes and assign me to an Exit Row seat. MMB and classic.checkmytrip confirm. Interestingly the Seat Map shows me there but I am greyed and can not move (not that I want to).
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
I think the main issue here is not so much of whether it is an IT glitch or not but rather can BA be trusted. There are certainly a few of us previously loyal BA customers on here who seem to have lost that sense of trust. Since I joined BAEC in 2009 it just seems to be endless cuts in benefits, I won't list them all as we all aware of them. Because of this, is it suprising that at every turn we expect even more errosion of benefits?
Now, that isn't fair.
In 2011 they introduced some very generous benefits which made EC a very attractive proposition for frequent flyers. In fact, one can argue it was too good to be true (the list would be too long to type here). They then began rolling some of it back last year, which wasn't really a surprise.
Not defending BA here btw. Some of the negative changes were managed appallingly from a comms perspective, but saying it's been all bad since '09 simply isn't true.

Anyhow. BAEC have confirmed this is glitch, so maybe everyone should chill the freak out and stop throwing the toys out of the prams?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Petrus
Anyhow. BAEC have confirmed this is glitch, so maybe everyone should chill the freak out and stop throwing the toys out of the prams?
Their official presence here also said it was fixed, which it apparently is not.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA EC
I cant even select any seat on ba.com / ba app ....
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
It's not fixed. If you make dummy forward bookings you can't select exit seats on many short haul flights, as you could in the past as a Silver/Gold member. 'At the time of booking' not 14 days before the flight!!!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by fransknorge
....exit row seats are blocked for everybody and become available 14 to 4 days before departure........
I can see this becoming an enhancement to maximise revenue. At the moment Golds and Silvers are steaming in at the time of booking and nabbing the exit rows; there's never an oppurtunity to sell them.
By adjusting the reservation window they can now try and sell the seats to non-status passengers, with G/SCH getting whatever is left at 14 days out.

Ł1 and a bottle of Morrisons champagne says it'll happen!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Just tried to select 29K exit row from Riyadh and it wouldn't let me (same for all exit seats).

Phoned up and spoke to an agent who moved me without any issue. Her excuse as to why I couldn't do it was that BA are upgrading all the IT systems.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Phoned up and spoke to an agent who moved me without any issue. Her excuse as to why I couldn't do it was that BA are upgrading enhancing all the IT systems.
You may have misremembered what she said .
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by HHarry
Ł1 and a bottle of Morrisons champagne says it'll happen!
I just checked and Morrisons don't sell Monopole...
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:47 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
You may have misremembered what she said .
Yes, silly me....

Actually, whilst I was holding (and as I almost never ring BA) I reminded myself of the good old days of Telephone Check-in and how things have changed re seat assignments etc (except that IT didn't work back then either)
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:44 am

When all is said and done, it keeps arriving back at a singular issue. ALL BA administration, off flight, is an absolute shambles. Its a shameful mess for the flag flying carrier of the UK.

Give me 12 months and full access to this site and its members constantly, it would be the best administration and airline service in the World.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, VS - Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Bonvoy Gold
I have a Y flight booked for March 13th out to SFO on BA from MAN. No issues booking exit rows on either flight as of this morning. Obv, I had been looking at the Domestic in particular given this thread.

Seems like it's taking a while to ripple through the bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.