Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Front rows of domestic flights only opening up at T-48 for some?

Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver

OK, I posted a thread a few days back as I was unable to move myself forward on a forthcoming LHR-EDI flight, despite the seat map showing availability in the rows that had been blocked for silver & gold until 72hrs before departure. (I have a bronze card).

At around 48 hours before departure, I was able to assign seats - others in the front rows had been selected during that 24hr window, so it wasn't locked down.

Now for the return flight and exactly the same thing happened. The full seat map became visible at 72 hours out, but only at 48 hours out was it allowing me to change seats.

I appreciate this is a small sample set, but in the past i've never had any problem selecting the seats at 72hrs out. Has something changed?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I have noticed also that in the last couple of days that exit seats on domestic flights are now blocked out until 3 days before departure. It used to be able to pre select for free on a J class ticket or on a cheaper ticket you could pay for it but now neither is a choice at all - is this a permanent change?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.