Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Preferred date for EDI Do 2016? (please select any or all of the options)
Saturday 30 April
40.00%
Saturday 07 May
62.22%
Saturday 14 May
55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PETER01

The 2016 Edinburgh FT Do - Saturday 7th May

Time: 8.15pm - Midnight

Click on Blue for the Link

Click on Blue for the Link

The Menu - Ł29.95 for 3 courses

Click on blue for the link

Everyone is very welcome to come along including +1's.

Here is a link of the many things to see and visit in Edinburgh to whet folks appetite should they decide to attend.

Transport
Airport Bus Service
Airport Tram Service

About Edinburgh
Things to do and Accommodation

This is Edinburgh

Attendees 40 (- Now Full!!!!)

AlisonB84
Mr Alisonb84
angeloedades
bettertoturnleftthanright
callahan44
Calchas
cysyuen
Cymro
EI147
ENTP
franksknorge
GadgetGal
Ikaz
Mrs Ikaz
JamieABZ
Jcm9000
JPMND
K&C
KARFA
lost_in_translaton
madfish
Marked Man
matthandy
mattking2000
Mountlodge
onobond
PETER01 + Jnr PETER01
Physci
PIKnic
Sea bass
Sealink
skye1
Small_Clanger
TangoIndiaMike
TheFlyingDoctor
The John
Traveller Frequently+1

===================

Pre-Drinks:

TangoIndiaMike
tomparskate +1
Wudy15 +1

===================

Flights

Friday 6th May

BA1438 (0925): LHR-EDI: - AlisonB84 +1

Saturday 7th May

BA8702 (0850): LCY-EDI: - Gadget Gal, mattking2000

BA8704 (0910): LCY-EDI: - Physci, Small_Clanger

BE1334 (0930): LCY-EDI: - angeloedades

BA1442 (1140): LHR-EDI: - onobond

FR8883 (1230): STN-EDI: - Thejohn

BA1448 (1515): LHR-EDI: - EI147, KARFA, Tobias-UK, The Lady Tobias-UK, madfish, jcm9000, Calchas, callahan44

Sunday 8th May

BA1461 (0745): EDI-LHR: - mattking2000

BA1443 (1140): EDI-LHR: - KARFA, Calchas

BA8713 (1310): EDI-LCY: - Physci, Small_Clanger

BA1445 (1345): EDI-LHR: - AlisonB84 +1, onobond, callahan44

FR2684 (1435): EDI-STN: - Thejohn, Sealink

BE1341 (1625): EDI-LCY: - angeloedades

BA8707 (1640): EDI-LCY: - Gadget Gal

Hotels

Hilton Grosvenor - AlisonB84 +1, fransknorge, thejohn, JamieABZ, GadgetGal, mattking2000, jcm9000, EI147, onobond, Ikaz +1, angeloedades
Waldorf Astoria - madfish, Physci, Small_Clanger, callahan44
Bruntsfield Hotel - Sealink
Hotel Indigo - Calchas
Print Wikipost

The FT Edinburgh Do 2016 - Saturday 07 May

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BLHD
Shall we get the EU261 claims done now or later chaps?
Lightning CANNOT strike twice and there will be NO delay again!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Now here's a good excuse to take an early spin on the 380 ex YVR...
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Edinburgh Do

I am available for all three dates and keen to get along to a Do.

P
Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Poll added. You can select one, two, or all three of the dates (whichever suits your preference)

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Feb 4, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC, IHG, LeClub, HHonors
Thanks PETER01

Dates may not work for me as im down at the Army v Navy game on the 30th and my son turns 21 between the 7th and 14th so 1 of those dates will be a family do for him and no doubt it will be on the date organised.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I'd like to attend my first FT Do, the 14th is the only date that works for me.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Well done PETER01 on arranging another meetup. Have voted, can't manage the 7th May as will be in London, but other dates are great.

Regards

francismc
Old Feb 4, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Being an irregular contributor and a bit of a lurker, but proud BAEC Silver card holder (mostly from my own cash), what does a FT "do" entail? I'm just over the water in Fife and could meet up.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:38 pm

Can do any apart from the 7th as it is the daughters birthday
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Would like to finally get to one of these. In Italy at the end of April and the 7th is the Festivo de Jerez in Spain so voted for the 14th.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by stephenjc
Being an irregular contributor and a bit of a lurker, but proud BAEC Silver card holder (mostly from my own cash), what does a FT "do" entail? I'm just over the water in Fife and could meet up.
Good company, good chat, good times! Basically a few drinks of your choice (doesn't have to be alcoholic, a few non-drinkers in the group) and a very nice meal was the order of the day last year and i am sure will be this year again. Maybe 50 of us at the meal last year peter01? One of the few times you can sit and talk airlines, airmiles and premium flying without someone rolling their eyes or getting that glazed over i swallowed a bee look since in the uk people tend to just think you are showing off!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jcm9000
Good company, good chat, good times! Basically a few drinks of your choice (doesn't have to be alcoholic, a few non-drinkers in the group) and a very nice meal was the order of the day last year and i am sure will be this year again. Maybe 50 of us at the meal last year peter01? One of the few times you can sit and talk airlines, airmiles and premium flying without someone rolling their eyes or getting that glazed over i swallowed a bee look since in the uk people tend to just think you are showing off!
Spot on.
EDI was my first one last year and even on the train down I was a bit "what am I doing meeting all these geeks? Get a life!", but I have made some great friends via a couple of do's and am so glad I took the plunge and went last year.^
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by jcm9000
Originally Posted by JamieABZ
Spot on.
EDI was my first one last year and even on the train down I was a bit "what am I doing meeting all these geeks? Get a life!", but I have made some great friends via a couple of do's and am so glad I took the plunge and went last year.^
+1

on the way to my first DO many many years ago, I was thinking "I wonder what these people are going to belike" - only to realise of course that these people were like me - passionate about travel and flying and by and large normal and sane (with exceptions). Obviously most weren't as good looking and charming as me but hey ho.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by chris1979
+1

on the way to my first DO many many years ago, I was thinking "I wonder what these people are going to belike" - only to realise of course that these people were like me - passionate about travel and flying and by and large normal and sane (with exceptions). Obviously most weren't as good looking and charming as me but hey ho.
I've told you before to stop underselling yourself!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
We must also not forget those that organise these dos, all on their own personal time just so us lot can get together and talk in a funny language along the lines of: I booked an Ex-EU in J, avoiding AA so I could UuA to F, OLCI'd to avoid the seat shifters, decided to gate-lice to get the wheely onboard, avoided monopoo on the DUB-LHR, stopped off in the CCR, lurked for a sighting of the hallowed Black Mug, nipped into T5GF for a quick Baxter Storey snack, back to CCR for more LPGS so I could bodyswerve the Castlennoooo as some FTers had been in and nobbled all the Taitty, guested a fellow FTer and put in place the workings of a future MR wondering if RTW was possible, had a good moan about YQ, realised it was getting late and had to run for my F TATL, got settled in and was silently pleased BA do not offer SWUs to their Golds / GGLs and that OpUps are quite rare unlike AA, thought the FA was really pleasant when boarding so get a tad tipsy on the LPGS and made a nuisance of myself, get to MIA, wade through the American Dance, realise my connection has gone IRROPS after walking 2/3 of a mile to D46, stand in line to talk to the GA, realise I should have just called or gone to a helpdesk so go online to check the OTP of AA from MIA for ammo, then get bored and wonder if there are any Y pax in front me in the queue (how dare they), throw a true DYWKIA, gather my senses then run away in shame, all the while thinking about my return flight in the legendary 64A UD 747. *

*Not all conversations are like this at dos, or indeed about flying/BA. YMMV

Last edited by jcm9000; Feb 5, 2016 at 5:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.