Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Preferred date for EDI Do 2016? (please select any or all of the options)
Saturday 30 April
40.00%
Saturday 07 May
62.22%
Saturday 14 May
55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PETER01

The 2016 Edinburgh FT Do - Saturday 7th May

Time: 8.15pm - Midnight

Click on Blue for the Link

Click on Blue for the Link

The Menu - Ł29.95 for 3 courses

Click on blue for the link

Everyone is very welcome to come along including +1's.

Here is a link of the many things to see and visit in Edinburgh to whet folks appetite should they decide to attend.

Transport
Airport Bus Service
Airport Tram Service

About Edinburgh
Things to do and Accommodation

This is Edinburgh

Attendees 40 (- Now Full!!!!)

AlisonB84
Mr Alisonb84
angeloedades
bettertoturnleftthanright
callahan44
Calchas
cysyuen
Cymro
EI147
ENTP
franksknorge
GadgetGal
Ikaz
Mrs Ikaz
JamieABZ
Jcm9000
JPMND
K&C
KARFA
lost_in_translaton
madfish
Marked Man
matthandy
mattking2000
Mountlodge
onobond
PETER01 + Jnr PETER01
Physci
PIKnic
Sea bass
Sealink
skye1
Small_Clanger
TangoIndiaMike
TheFlyingDoctor
The John
Traveller Frequently+1

===================

Pre-Drinks:

TangoIndiaMike
tomparskate +1
Wudy15 +1

===================

Flights

Friday 6th May

BA1438 (0925): LHR-EDI: - AlisonB84 +1

Saturday 7th May

BA8702 (0850): LCY-EDI: - Gadget Gal, mattking2000

BA8704 (0910): LCY-EDI: - Physci, Small_Clanger

BE1334 (0930): LCY-EDI: - angeloedades

BA1442 (1140): LHR-EDI: - onobond

FR8883 (1230): STN-EDI: - Thejohn

BA1448 (1515): LHR-EDI: - EI147, KARFA, Tobias-UK, The Lady Tobias-UK, madfish, jcm9000, Calchas, callahan44

Sunday 8th May

BA1461 (0745): EDI-LHR: - mattking2000

BA1443 (1140): EDI-LHR: - KARFA, Calchas

BA8713 (1310): EDI-LCY: - Physci, Small_Clanger

BA1445 (1345): EDI-LHR: - AlisonB84 +1, onobond, callahan44

FR2684 (1435): EDI-STN: - Thejohn, Sealink

BE1341 (1625): EDI-LCY: - angeloedades

BA8707 (1640): EDI-LCY: - Gadget Gal

Hotels

Hilton Grosvenor - AlisonB84 +1, fransknorge, thejohn, JamieABZ, GadgetGal, mattking2000, jcm9000, EI147, onobond, Ikaz +1, angeloedades
Waldorf Astoria - madfish, Physci, Small_Clanger, callahan44
Bruntsfield Hotel - Sealink
Hotel Indigo - Calchas
Print Wikipost

The FT Edinburgh Do 2016 - Saturday 07 May

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by rapidex
Quote:

Originally Posted by BotB

It will be the large crowd of smiling, happy engaging people enjoying themselves immensely with all shapes, genders and such. (so well out of place for your typical pub!)

Do come along, they are great fun and by no means is it all talk about flying...you get to meet some very interesting people from all walks of life that you would never otherwise meet but share an interest in aviation and travel.

Echo the comments on meeting people that later become great friends that have enriched my life since. Wish I had known earlier.

Also, some people are content to listen, others to talk, etc...so no need to be the one centre stage for those that are a bit of the shy sort...

At least once every DO, you'll end up laughing so hard it hurts from one story / experience or another...its an FT guarantee.

+1.

Plus you will be accosted in lounges around the world,

You will also be convinced to go on mad trips to the other side of the world just so we (Ftiers) can drink all the champers on board and in the lounge,and block off the premium seats from real customers
I didn't accost you - i just said hello before our babybus flight (and subsequent day by the pool and lunch together)! ;-)
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

Echo the comments on meeting people that later become great friends that have enriched my life since. Wish I had known earlier.

I need to have a word with my friends off here. I'm not sure you (you know who you are!) are 'enriching' my life! ;-)

I feel all sorts of things everytime I meet young KARFA, whiz kid Calchas, man of chaos Jamier and the others but certainly not enriched! ;-))
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
It will be the large crowd of smiling, happy engaging people enjoying themselves immensely with all shapes, genders and such. (so well out of place for your typical pub!) @:-)

Do come along, they are great fun and by no means is it all talk about flying...you get to meet some very interesting people from all walks of life that you would never otherwise meet but share an interest in aviation and travel.

Also, some people are content to listen, others to talk, etc...so no need to be the one centre stage for those that are a bit of the shy sort...

At least once every DO, you'll end up laughing so hard it hurts from one story / experience or another...its an FT guarantee.
The golden times!

/AE
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by chris1979
I didn't accost you - i just said hello before our babybus flight (and subsequent day by the pool and lunch together)! ;-)
And a pleasant day and lunch it was.

I was rather more referring to BotB in the lounge in TXL,when I had stupidly left my UK passport in cornwall,and I was bouncing around Germany with my Australian passport but without a visa to return to the UK.5 Mins on the naughty step at LHR and it was all sorted,but I wasn't sure it would be that easy when in TXL.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
It has to be the 14th or how can I sleep in etc?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Back in the Bay Area on the 14th, on a quick weeklong, but in the UK on the other dates, life's a bit hectic right now with transcon relocations etc etc but I am keenly eyeing the May 7th date.

Based on London last year I can say without hesitation these are well worth attending even if you've never been. We had a hardcore group going at bottles of wine at the Hilton in Trafalgar Square until 3am, followed by a long walk back to the hotel through my old London haunts with new friends. Of course if drinking until very late hours is not your thing, there's plenty else to keep people amused too.

I'm also keeping an eye on Jersey, a trickier proposition as there are birthdays and newly born nephews in Italy in play here, but EDI I haven't been to in at least 10 years, so I've put a rez at the Sheraton in there and we'll see how it goes.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
EDI Do

I've voted for any of the three options. Any excuse to visit the beautiful city of Edinburgh. This will be my first FT 'Do' so be gentle with me

Event will be soon after my HNL KON trip early April so maybe someone can help put a Trip Report together!! as I've never done one.

Anyway, looking forward to a night of well, whatever it is you do I guess.

ML
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by chris1979
I need to have a word with my friends off here. I'm not sure you (you know who you are!) are 'enriching' my life! ;-)

I feel all sorts of things everytime I meet young KARFA, whiz kid Calchas, man of chaos Jamier and the others but certainly not enriched! ;-))
^^^
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Bump

I'll be asking for this poll to be closed tomorrow at 23:00 so folks can start planning flights/trains etc so if anyone else wants to come along please cast your vote (s)

Folks can still come along as a last minute add on though if they wish, just post on this thread nearer the time/when known etc.

Thanks and I look forward to another Edinburgh Do ^

Pete
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Can some more people vote 14th May please otherwise it's another one I can't come to
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jamier45
Can some more people vote 14th May please otherwise it's another one I can't come to
Democracy shall speak for itself

I am seriously considering having 2 Do's, so those who can't make the 7th can meet up for the 14th and vice versa. It's just a meal/gathering really and not that difficult to organise.

Then we can all argue the toss and brag about which was the best one!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:29 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by PETER01
Democracy shall speak for itself

I am seriously considering having 2 Do's, so those who can't make the 7th can meet up for the 14th and vice versa. It's just a meal/gathering really and not that difficult to organise.

Then we can all argue the toss and brag about which was the best one!
What a splendid idea ^ one for the important people on the 7th and one for the other lot on the 14th
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
What a splendid idea ^ one for the important people on the 7th and one for the other lot on the 14th
^

Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
30 April or 7 May would be best for me.

For us non CCR GCH members ( ), we can have an alternative, less formal pre Do in GF - lower quality wines and spirits but all self pour!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
30 April or 7 May would be best for me.

For us non CCR GCH members ( ), we can have an alternative, less formal pre Do in GF - lower quality wines and spirits but all self pour!

Probably best to all just meet in GF. @:-)

That was what happened when a group of us went to ICN a few years ago when they relaunched the route. I just went for the day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.