Search

IKA (Tehran) announced - 14th July

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:06 am
Original Poster

IKA (Tehran) announced - 14th July

...on a 4 class 777!

here's some blurb

The route will launch as a six-per-week service before moving to daily flights from winter 2016, giving customers even more choice and flexibility between London and the Middle East.

The service from Heathrow Terminal 5 will be operated by a four-class Boeing 777.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:09 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by jonas123
...on a 4 class 777!

here's some blurb

The route will launch as a six-per-week service before moving to daily flights from winter 2016, giving customers even more choice and flexibility between London and the Middle East.

The service from Heathrow Terminal 5 will be operated by a four-class Boeing 777.

To save people the hassle - IKA is Tehran.

Big thread about the potential for this to happen (but on mobile so cannot link properly).
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I think there a thread discussing the Tehran service, but on an iPad and cant get the search working.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:15 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
To save people the hassle - IKA is Tehran.

Big thread about the potential for this to happen (but on mobile so cannot link properly).
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I think there a thread discussing the Tehran service, but on an iPad and cant get the search working.
Does no one use a desktop/laptop anymore?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ls-tehran.html
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
BA153 LHR2110 – 0625+1IKA 772 x7
BA152 IKA0835 – 1110LHR 772 x7

Source: http://airlineroute.net/2016/02/03/ba-ika-jul16/
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
What will this mean re the changes in US ESTA eligibility for visitors to Iran in the last 5 years - both for pax and crew?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
Interesting. I would love to visit Iran, but is it still the case that one cannot go to the US under the VWP if one has an Iran stamp in one's passport?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by zeltergiset
Interesting. I would love to visit Iran, but is it still the case that one cannot go to the US under the VWP if one has an Iran stamp in one's passport?
Well you can get a second passport ;-)
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by BA6948
Well you can get a second passport ;-)
I wondered about that. The VWP exclusion is not based on passport stamps, but on having been there. I wonder whether the US would have alternative sources for finding out you have been to Iran, and whether they would use it to prevent you entering under the VWP.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by zeltergiset
Still the case? It only began 2 weeks ago!
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by callum9999
Still the case? It only began 2 weeks ago!
I recall hearing murmurings of it, but wasn't sure if those were introductory or outgoing in nature
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:57 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Great news, however, I shan't be able to go.

The recent US ESTA change means I won't be visiting Iran until the US lifts their nonsense ban. I for one would not be comfortable taking the risk of using 2 passports, and then trying to enter the USA under my other passport.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by jonas123
...on a 4 class 777!

here's some blurb

Is there really that much demand? Iran air flight 3 or 4 times a week currently, with AF/KLM starting new routes soon would have thought there will be over capacity?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:14 am

Business visitors to Iran can still use the VWP. It will affect those visiting Iran for tourism/family reasons though.

I shouldn't think crew will be affected for "visits" as crew as they require C-1/D visas to the US anyway. Presumably they could still holiday in the US on the VWP as their "visits" to Iran as crew would be classed as for business.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by rpjs
Business visitors to Iran can still use the VWP. It will affect those visiting Iran for tourism/family reasons though.

I shouldn't think crew will be affected for "visits" as crew as they require C-1/D visas to the US anyway. Presumably they could still holiday in the US on the VWP as their "visits" to Iran as crew would be classed as for business.
There's a few hundred of us on Eurofleet that visited both Iran and Syria regularly with bmi and who don't have US visas who are very worried by this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.