Search

Seat reservation concerns new sale booking

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Seat reservation concerns new sale booking

Hi all,

Just booked an ex-Cph to US in August and there are a couple of things concerning me that I just can't figure out.

1. Last flight LHR-CPH in CE said I can reserve a seat for free, when I try to do this there are 8 rows of CE and NO seats are showing as available!? What's going to happen here?

2. On my JFK To LHR leg on 744 I was hoping to choose UD. Looking on MMB, only 60b and 64b are showing as available (want to sit together with gf), all other UD seats are showing as unavailable. Now at the moment I'm a lowly bronze but by April I will be a Silver. At this point do you think some other seats will become available for me to pick. Surely they can't all be booked already as on expert flyer it says only 63AB/JK are taken?! I'm equally confused why MMB is showing 60/64B

Hopefully someone can enlighten me and provide some hope of getting UD space when I hit silver!

Cheers
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
1. CE will be expanded as the curtain will be moved. Check back in a few days.

2. See here for UD seating policy http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20184420-post7.html as a bronze only certain seats will be available to you beyond T-7 days for paid selection. As a silver any free should become available to book.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:23 pm

When you become silver all UD seats apart from the ones for baby's will become available.

I noticed this when trying to book my family (All blue) on to the UD only find all the seats but 2 were taken. Yet on my own MMB all seats were available
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all this makes me feel a little more positive. So basically that LHR-CPH flight is chock full of folks doing ex-eu's. Funny as I've never seen more than 6 rows of CE.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Another easy way to see the UD seat map is to do a dummy full fare booking and you can see exactly what ba.com does have available.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by SuitedandBooted
Thanks all this makes me feel a little more positive. So basically that LHR-CPH flight is chock full of folks doing ex-eu's. Funny as I've never seen more than 6 rows of CE.
You should see my OSL-LHR with 12 rows of the buggers. 48 pax in CE
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PETER01
Another easy way to see the UD seat map is to do a dummy full fare booking and you can see exactly what ba.com does have available.
Now why didn't I think of that!! Cheers Peter, I'll give that a whirl in the morning
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calum
You should see my OSL-LHR with 12 rows of the buggers. 48 pax in CE
That's comical. I bet the CC will be unimpressed. What's the limit?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:36 pm

That's comical. I bet the CC will be unimpressed. What's the limit?
I think it's 12 but I could be wrong.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
1. CE will be expanded as the curtain will be moved. Check back in a few days.

2. See here for UD seating policy http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20184420-post7.html as a bronze only certain seats will be available to you beyond T-7 days for paid selection. As a silver any free should become available to book.
Looks like that reference needs a wee tweak as 64A isn't available to buy now. I'll send Prospero a wee PM re that but he might already know as there was a review/refresh of The Dashboard recently so it might be on a to do list.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 5:04 pm

Now why didn't I think of that!! Cheers Peter, I'll give that a whirl in the morning
The UD is a great place to be so fingers crossed you get the better seats long before your flight, assuming they are still available, which Silver allows and is a great benefit. ^
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Calum
I think it's 12 but I could be wrong.
you are NCE frequently goes way beyond that (and zero mileage runner on the route)
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
not necessarily. remember that so long in advance, ba may well only have opened 3 rows for seat selection, the three rows behind being greyed out ans same in Y they could have the front 5-6 rows greyed out until they figure where to put the curtain.

Second, there are people who live in or go to Denmark too in case anyone forgot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.