Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions

Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Traveller Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions

The thread is to share experiences, photos, reviews and questions of the temporary lounge in London Gatwick (LGW) North Terminal.

This thread has been created as a partner thread to this discussion, which is a more suitable place to discuss the broader issues relating to the move to the South terminal:
BA to move to LGW South Terminal Nov 2016

Update 14 April 2016
25 January 2017 is the official opening date of the new lounge in LGW.

"The new lounge will have more space with better facilities and the location will offer impressive views across the runway. The new lounge will also have full kitchen facilities and an exclusive area for our First customers and Gold Executive Club members."

Thanks to Happytohelp for this intel
Print Wikipost

Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions

Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by hungry
What I am most upset about is the fact me and the Mrs are taking my parents. They haven't even flown in the last 25 years and never in business class at all! It might be their last flight ever.. We wanted to give them a really special experience and this lounge fiasco has put a whole damper on the trip. We are really dissapointed.
No excuse for you not having been advised or the wrong info on BA.com.

However I think the 'dampener on the holiday' bit is a slight exaggeration. You still have lounge access whilst you wait for flights and the No1 isn't that much different to the old BA set up.

If something like that puts a dampener on your holiday, I would be a bit worried.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:20 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Food offering was woeful on Friday. Barely warm poached egg, and a hash brown made of rubber. Best avoided if you actually need breakfast!

Wifi so slow is was better to turn my mobile into a hotspot for laptop use.

Staff friendly. Lounge busy. Champagne not free.

Not a very premium feeling product.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Sat at the western end of the lounge, between a very loud woman who's lost her husband to the Library (well done, Sir!) panicking because her flight is final boarding and a lovely elderly couple who have never experienced the delights of Club World, Business Lounges and their trappings before, on their way to BGi.

Staff are being lovely and attentive and putting up with quite a few grumbles at the bar.

Very efficient entry staff, seen to swiftly after they dealt with a 2772 Jersey Customer who the computer said "No" to.

It's busy without being packed.

My Egg Pot arrived within 10 minutes, though the egg white was undercooked raw and the hash brown was a rather sorry, chewy affair.

No premium spirits, just your Beefeater/Absolut type selection and I haven't seen a single glass of Champagne served yet.

It's not the dreadful Little Chef experience some posts were suggesting; certainly something I can live with for now.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
In the lounge now. Quite busy.

Agree not the premium experience.

But acceptable.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: BA silver
Also in the lounge. it's not Asian standards but staff are defo friendlier than most BA staff, based on my limited interaction/travel schedule.

Tucked away in a corner about to eat the tiny winter beef stew
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by vonlance
Also in the lounge. it's not Asian standards but staff are defo friendlier than most BA staff, based on my limited interaction/travel schedule.

Tucked away in a corner about to eat the tiny winter beef stew
Looks around for someone eating beef stew lol
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Arrived in the No1 at LGW after a seamless entry procedure. There's clearly an effort being made to ensure that BA customers are looked after.

Have grabbed a seat in the Library which is far quieter than the main area. Coffee is fully acceptable and the pastry I have just consumed is far better than anything similar served in the former BA F or indeed in T5 F lounges (I probably think that because of the sugar rush from the Danish which is equivalent, I suspect, to a couple of tablespoons of sugar...).

Will check out the remaining facilities in due course. Meanwhile, there are papers here and a small selection of magazines which is good. Here's the menu (assuming the pic upload facility works!)...
Attached Images  
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:05 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Looks around for someone eating beef stew lol
Downed in 3 bites
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I'm dying to see what the fish finger sandwich looks like, that's something I've never had in my life, so I've got to give BA credit for introducing new experiences.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:45 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Thanks rxfleming, that alone has got to be worth the effort of attaining BA Gold status.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
I'm led to believe that the seating will be updated next Thursday. Presumably this will be to replace the white chairs by the Windows with more of the green ones. I doubt this will make much difference but good to see the lounge owners are still open to making some changes.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Originally Posted by rxfleming
Is that free-flow ketchup or sachets..?

You know someone is bound to ask....
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by headingwest
I'm dying to see what the fish finger sandwich looks like, that's something I've never had in my life
Where did you grow up?!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Where did you grow up?!
West Berkshire. I can honestly say I've never eaten a fish finger sandwich or seen anybody else eat one for that matter. I must have lived a sheltered life.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.