Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2016

Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:37 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I would assume if it is not listed on ba.com as an eligible fare class for avios earning then it will not earn avios.
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ing-avios.html
I hear you, and that is logical. But the three posts above mine were about a new QR R booking class which also does not feature in the BA tier point calculator but will earn business class TPs and Avios.

The LAN A fare class was also not on AAdvantage the last time I looked. Hence my wondering if BA was being a bit slow with updating applicable classes.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
I hear you, and that is logical. But the three posts above mine were about a new QR R booking class which also does not feature in the BA tier point calculator but will earn business class TPs and Avios.

The LAN A fare class was also not on AAdvantage the last time I looked. Hence my wondering if BA was being a bit slow with updating applicable classes.
Yes, but you also have to consider that BAEC for quite some time has not provided any credit for some discount business on RJ and MH when those fare classes weren't specifically listed. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-business.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...a-flights.html
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Yes, but you also have to consider that BAEC for quite some time has not provided any credit for some discount business on RJ and MH when those fare classes weren't specifically listed. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-business.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...a-flights.html
Yes I am aware of those cases, but this is a brand new LAN fare class. Ideally neilcorbett would indicate how he figured out the earning basis for the QR R fare so that I could get a definitive answer for the LAN A fare too.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:42 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia

The calculator has often been out of date or incorrect. The eligible fare class tables are the main reference and usually correct.

QR R is listed in the tables for example. There are several airlines that have deep discount economy fares that do not earn on BAEC, QF is another example. So I would also suspect that as it is not listed it will not earn anything if credited to BAEC.

Also, LAN A does show as eligible for AAdvantage: https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/e...rlines/lan.jsp
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by nux
The calculator has often been out of date or incorrect. The eligible fare class tables are the main reference and usually correct.

QR R is listed in the tables for example. There are several airlines that have deep discount economy fares that do not earn on BAEC, QF is another example. So I would also suspect that as it is not listed it will not earn anything if credited to BAEC.
I appreciate this too. But LAN A is showing as earning on QR, AA, AY, IB, JL, and AB. I have not checked others but I find it hard to believe that this would earn on those programmes and not BA. Not a problem, I suppose I can credit it to IB and then just scoot them over if I want them on BA

Originally Posted by nux
Also, LAN A does show as eligible for AAdvantage: https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/e...rlines/lan.jsp
Yes I know, I mentioned that in my initial post on the previous page
Old May 3, 2016, 3:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Glitch, or have I misunderstood ?

My membership year starts in March.

When I first hit 1500TPs in April 2015, I received a Gold card with an expiry date of 04/17 i.e. with 23 months validity... my online account on Web and app also showed the same information and a Tier Point collection year end date of 08 Mar 2016. All in line with my expectations. ..

I've just blown through 1500TPs again and the app & website both confirm I have retained Gold. Tier Point collection year has updated to 08 Mar 2017. However, card expiry is still showing as 30 Apr 2017...

I thought hitting 1500TPs in year 1 meant you were Gold for the rest of that year, Gold for the whole of year 2, and only dropped to Silver in year 3 ?

Is this a glitch or did I misunderstand ?
Old May 3, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
You'll be fine. At worst, the dates will adjust in March 2017, when the new TP year is then shown as ending 8 March 2018; you should then be shown a card expiry date of 30 April 2018. IIRC, renewals are dealt with differently from initial qualification.
Old May 7, 2016, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I don't known if this is really the right thread, but here goes...

I had some Avios that I wanted to give to a friend. I knew they were approaching expiration as I now credit to JL, and it was too little to really be useful. When I logged in to transfer them, the had expired yesterday. Is there normally a warning sent that you have Avios about to expire? My account statement beginning of April had no warning.
They put in a request to reinstate, is that likely to happen?
Old May 8, 2016, 4:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I've read the opening posts and am still not 100% sure.

Taken 2 flights recently between LHR and DUB

LHR -> DUB (C/J) Cabin Bonus 750 Tier Bonus 125
DUB -> LHR (C/U) Cabin Bonus 250 Tier Bonus 125

Is this correct, assuming both were as Bronze?

Both were in Business, with the second one a paid upgrade.

Now, just to complicate the question

The second one was actually as Silver as I qualified for Silver once the first Dublin flight was completed.

So my second part of this query is...

What should I have got for the

as Silver and will BAEC automatically alter the points, or do I have to claim?
Old May 9, 2016, 3:44 am

Silly question, I think I know the answer but I am not 100% sure!

My Tier Point Collection year end on 8/10/2016 I am currently silver with 910 tier points. I have flights booked for late November/December which will get me approx 300 points.

If I did a TP run in September to reach gold I assume that my gold would run for just over 12 months (rest of September 2016 plus 1 year from 8/10/16). If however I did it in November would it run for nearly 2 years? This seems to be a major disincentive to get promoted late in a membership year but I think it is what happens.

Can someone confirm?
Old May 9, 2016, 3:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
I've read the opening posts and am still not 100% sure.

Taken 2 flights recently between LHR and DUB

LHR -> DUB (C/J) Cabin Bonus 750 Tier Bonus 125

Is this correct, assuming both were as Bronze??
BAEC calculators says bronze one way earns 875 avios for R & I, and 1375 for J, C, and D. Silver earns 1000 avios for R & I, and 1500 for J, C, and D.

The second one was actually as Silver as I qualified for Silver once the first Dublin flight was completed.

So my second part of this query is...

What should I have got for the

as Silver and will BAEC automatically alter the points, or do I have to claim?
Your upgraded status to silver wouldn't have been processed in time to automatically be reflected for your DUB-LHR flight, so you will need to call and I believe they will look at crediting any extra avios - i.e. the difference between the 25% and 50% tier bonus.
Old May 9, 2016, 3:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wytco0
Silly question, I think I know the answer but I am not 100% sure!

My Tier Point Collection year end on 8/10/2016 I am currently silver with 910 tier points. I have flights booked for late November/December which will get me approx 300 points.

If I did a TP run in September to reach gold I assume that my gold would run for just over 12 months (rest of September 2016 plus 1 year from 8/10/16). If however I did it in November would it run for nearly 2 years? This seems to be a major disincentive to get promoted late in a membership year but I think it is what happens.

Can someone confirm?
If you hit 1500 TPs by September your gold runs for the rest of the current membership year, a full membership year after, and the card expires at the end of the next full month after your full years ends - so your card would expire on 30/11/17.

If you hit 1500 TPs in November (i.e. between 8/10/16 and some date in November you earned 1500 TPs) your gold runs for the rest of the current membership year, a full membership year after, and the card expires at the end of the next full month after your full years ends - so your card would expire on 30/11/18.
Old May 9, 2016, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
If you hit 1500 TPs by September your gold runs for the rest of the current membership year, a full membership year after, and the card expires at the end of the next full month after your full years ends - so your card would expire on 30/11/17.

If you hit 1500 TPs in November (i.e. between 8/10/16 and some date in November you earned 1500 TPs) your gold runs for the rest of the current membership year, a full membership year after, and the card expires at the end of the next full month after your full years ends - so your card would expire on 30/11/18.
Thanks KARFA, I think I will look for a new TP Run just after 8/10/16.
Old May 9, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Quick question: I am BA Silver and just found an offer which would allow me to become BA Gold. Can anyone advice on how much value you'd put on this transition? is Gold really much more valuable than Silver?
Old May 9, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Danusa86
Quick question: I am BA Silver and just found an offer which would allow me to become BA Gold. Can anyone advice on how much value you'd put on this transition? is Gold really much more valuable than Silver?
Please share details of the offer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.