Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines "Board Room" lounge at LAX T6

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club

I shall be flying through LAX next week, on AA in First, in T6, where the only lounge I could use is the Alaska Airlines "Board Room", but I realise that for flights within the USA there is generally no lounge access permitted except for members of the airlines' own FF club. I am BA Gold, which is OneWorld Emerald equivalent, and the following caught my attention:

http://efficientasianman.boardingare...-club-members/

However, I cannot find anything 'official' on the Alaska Airlines website. Can anyone confirm whether I would have access to the said lounge? Is there anything 'official' on the web I could print out to use in case of any problems?

I also have Priority Pass, but then I would have to pay for the access, which would be a waste if I am entitled to free access ...

Last edited by mikebg; Dec 29, 2015 at 2:56 am
Old Dec 29, 2015, 2:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Depending on your flights before and after, your BA Emerald is not sufficient for entry, despite what is incorrectly stated on the AA website for LAX. Priority Pass is OK however. It's not a brilliant lounge, you may prefer to use the T4 Flagship (if eligible) and walk down the passage about 45 minutes before departure.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You may prefer to use the T4 Flagship (if eligible) and walk down the passage about 45 minutes before departure.
If my incoming flight arrives at T6 and my next flight leaves from T6 as well, will I be able to get to T4 at all?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I don't think that linked story applies to you.

It can be summarised as equivalence between membership of the Alaska Airlines paid lounge access programme and the American Airlines paid lounge access programme, not anything to do with frequent flyer status.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mikebg
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You may prefer to use the T4 Flagship (if eligible) and walk down the passage about 45 minutes before departure.
If my incoming flight arrives at T6 and my next flight leaves from T6 as well, will I be able to get to T4 at all?
Again it partly depends on where you have come from and are going to, but the unspecific answer is no admission. The AA agents may allow you admission however.

EDIT: Previous discussions about this here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post25777782

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Dec 29, 2015 at 3:41 am
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I guess it will be one of those (now increasingly rare) times when I shall need to pull out my PP card (and some cash ...).
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: AA (ExPlat).DL,UA Hertz (Pres Circle); Avis (First), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott (Gold)
Yes, the underground walkway from T4 to T6 at LAX is Airside. AA also has a shuttle bus which travels from T6 to and from T4 from Gate 44 at T4 to about Gate 60 in T6 (not sure if it is 60, 61, or 62, but thereabouts.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
I shall be flying through LAX next week, on AA in First, in T6, where the only lounge I could use is the Alaska Airlines "Board Room", but I realise that for flights within the USA there is generally no lounge access permitted except for members of the airlines' own FF club. I am BA Gold ...
Misunderstanding there. For AA Admirals Club it is for most domestic flights (including Canada, Caribbean and most of Mexico) a pay-only system with the exception of OneWorld status, who didn't earn their status on AA. So if you fly on AA as a OWE, you could get access to AA Admirals Club. But as your flight seems to be an Alaska flight, maybe with an AA number, this won't apply.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
You won't get access to the Alaska Airlines lounge in T6 when travelling on AA and using your OWE status - I tried and failed. However, the walk from T6 to T4 through the subterranean corridor is easy, and there is some interesting artwork / historical posters to while away the time. It's probably a 10 minute walk at a brisk pace.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Well, I was there, and the lounge only took Priority Pass, so that's what I did - no point in a long walk to T4 when the lounge opens at 5:00 and my flight was at 6:15.

Originally Posted by Gshumway
If you fly on AA as a OWE, you could get access to AA Admirals Club. But as your flight seems to be an Alaska flight, maybe with an AA number, this won't apply.
No. my flights were all AA flights, and I used the Admirals Club all over the place. My only question was about the Alaska Airlines 'Board Room' at LAX T6.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Gshumway
Misunderstanding there. For AA Admirals Club it is for most domestic flights (including Canada, Caribbean and most of Mexico) a pay-only system with the exception of OneWorld status, who didn't earn their status on AA. So if you fly on AA as a OWE, you could get access to AA Admirals Club. But as your flight seems to be an Alaska flight, maybe with an AA number, this won't apply.
I understood the OP as saying he was flying on AA and wanted to use the AS lounge in T6.
I shall be flying through LAX next week, on AA in First, in T6, where the only lounge I could use is the Alaska Airlines "Board Room",
The OP does not have access to the AS lounge as a BA Gold under these circumstances. If the OP was flying on an AS flight in paid or award First then he could access the Board Room.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
AA entered into an agreement with AS to allow all eligible passengers access to the AS lounge at LAX for The fights that used to be operated by US Airways. This is LAX specific, and is clearly spelled out on as.com. The problem is that AA forget to tell AS what the elegibility requirements are. AS insists that only JFK and international pax have access but AA flies neither to JFK nor to any international destination form T6. So, despite what is said on aa.com access is not guaranteed based on OW rules. AA should either update its website or instruct AS to admit OW elites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.