Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Missed connection - moved from BA WT+ to AA Y - tier points?

Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Hi
I hope someone can advise here. I've seen similar themes raised in this forum from searching, but the ones I've come across do not seem to involve the "opted for other flight issue" described below (unless I'm not searching hard enough - jet lag).

Itinerary DUB-LHR-ORD return. DUB-LHR on Y, LHR-ORD on WT+, all on BA metal, and ticketed by BA.

Narrowly missed LHR-ORD due to delayed departure of DUB-LHR.

Was offered to be put on standby for LHR-ORD on AA metal which was due to leave in <2 hours, in Y. Was also told that if I didn't make standby to go back to them to be put on BA flight the next day. I was told that in *that sequence* - this is important see below.

So I made it onto the AA flight. Called BA exec club today to clarify the TP situation and they say TPs will be awarded as Y, not WT+ as "I was given the option to take the BA flight the next day but opted for the AA flight" (!!!??).

Only recourse was to wait for the AA flight to post and escalate it with their admin team. (In this case, the AA flight might not post as I doubt they transcribed EC number in chaos, so do missing avios online and raise it - in 72 hours).

The frustrating thing is that I had planned my travel to scrape it through into Silver by 8 Jan 2016, and will now miss that if they stand their ground.

What options do I have here? Any experience either way?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Send an email and explain the irrops you'll get the tps for your original booking as long as it is ba and Baec.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Send an email and explain the irrops you'll get the tps for your original booking as long as it is ba and Baec.
Many thanks orbitmic. From you experience with BAEC, would you send the email now (<24 hours post flight), or wait for the 72 hours to pass and raise this via Claim Missing Avios online? Keen to get it sorted promptly but cautious about overcomplicating. TIA

ps: Sorry if this posts twice, not sure if the first one went through
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: Gold Mega Legend
I would wait for the points to post, then use the missing avios form, explaining the issue. Chances are that you will get a response saying that they have been posted correctly, at which point call BA quoting the case number, explain the issue (again), and they should be able to request the amendment.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
I've had better luck calling. Wait a few days for the points to post from AA (up to 7 days), then call and explain that due to a flight disruption, you were rebooked on AA in a lower class cabin, and you are selling original routing credit. Have all of the flight details including both ticket numbers available, and it should then be handled within a week (they will say to give them 28 days). You'll get an email when they process your request, and if they deny, call again and give the same explanation. They'll eventually get it right.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You will need to explain why this happened. It was not a simple reroute as a customer service gesture, but an IRROPS reroute where you chose the lesser of two evils. Wait for the TP to post then call/email.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks all - I will post the outcome in due course. Here's to hoping that the TPs credit before 8 Jan! (if they do post.. and that the system will allow status if the TPs come through after!)
Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.