Community
Wiki Posts
Search

force F reward question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Calchas
Not that I want to be one of those who jumps in with a hundred examples (and I won't) I'm sure I've seen c-w-s suggest it many moons ago to someone who could not persuade revenue management to open a redemption F seat on demand.
Talking of which, it would be nice if one could also use two upgrades voucher to guarantee an upgrade even when I/A is not available!!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Talking of which, it would be nice if one could also use two upgrades voucher to guarantee an upgrade even when I/A is not available!!
Got any jokers spare?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Got any jokers spare?
I wanted to use my joker but no A available on the flights I wish to upgrade, only F! I keep a daily eye on availability but failure so far
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I wanted to use my joker but no A available on the flights I wish to upgrade, only F! I keep a daily eye on availability but failure so far
D class closed as well? (I think it's "D" not "I" in the J cabin. If you can stoop so low )
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I splashed 840,000 miles on two CW LHR-SYD GPR seats for a family holiday earlier this year. it seemed like a lot of miles to spend at the time, but it was worth it to me and meant the four of us could fly on the dates we wanted at a much reduced cost...
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:31 am

D class closed as well? (I think it's "D" not "I" in the J cabin. If you can stoop so low )
I'm booked in paid business class so only A would do!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
The Gold Priority Reward has the downsides of high avios cost and the need to book at least 30 days out; however, it can definitely be a useful benefit to keep in mind where the situation is right.
I find the one-way proposition to be worth bearing in mind. Eg JFK to LON for 120k avios (+TFC) in Biz.
Of course since the Avios reward chart changes earlier in the year this still feels a lot compared to the 80k it used to cost for the same GPR.

On short-haul, arguably, it fits the bill more frequently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.