Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Need to change part Avios/part cash booking. Help please!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire

I recently booked a part cash/part Avios ticket on a CX flight and now want to change to a different flight time on the same day.

Tried doing it numerous times on MMB but I get the same message every time advising of a 'problem with our systems'.

If I change the flight time over the phone, I believe the costs is £35 per person, which in my case would be £140.

I only paid £28 for the 4 of us + £160 for 20,000 Avios part payment.

If I cancel, will I be credited with all the Avios (30,000 of mine + 20,000 I purchased)?

If so, I can rebook on the flight time I want, for £28 again.

I don't want to screw up and lose any Avios or part with any more cash than I have to in change fees.

As always, any help would be appreciated.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I assume this is a reward ticket but you paid a bit more cash to reduce the avios required (just so we are not confusing with BA's part pay with avios which is a different beast).

If you cancel prior to 24 hrs before the flight you will get everything back, so avios, taxes+fees+charges, and the additional cash you paid to reduce the avios amount (minus the cancellation fee of course). The cancellation fee is £35 per person so if you cancel you will pay the same as if you changed.

You may have a good case to get the offline fee waived if you do call since it should work online but it is not.

The change fee is £35 per person regardless of whether you do the change online or offline.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Yes. I wasn't clear. Reward booking using Avios + some cash.

£140 to make a change to a same day flight seems very hard to justify, particularly as tickets are all electronic now.

C'est la vie.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:44 am

May I ask which CX flight is it? If it's one of the more frequent routes then you might have a chance of changing it at the airport with CX. It has happened before even for non-flex revenue tix so you might get lucky, but YMMV.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:40 am
Original Poster

It's DPS. Booked on Dragonair but would prefer to go on the CX flight, which is earlier in the day, so that if it is cancelled for any reason I could get the later flight rather than have to wait until the next day.

Last edited by wb1969; Nov 27, 2015 at 10:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.