Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New T5 north fast track entrance?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just to update the congregation assembled here that this entrance seems be permanently open. In the last week I've been through early, mid, late and weekends, and it has been very fast each time this far, being pretty much the only user.

It wouldn't be sensible if on the e-gate/Flight Connection avoidance strategy, and I guess on Monday mornings it could still be worth going South. But for all other situations I think it's probably the best route into T5. The fact that the entrance is somewhat concealed probably helps matters, at least for the time being.....
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
Excellent facility- I did tube to lounge in 7 minutes on Friday evening!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: Some
I second (or nth) the positive feedback above, went thorough yesterday around 10.30am and it was genuinely Fast Track, a definite improvement over South.
Old May 5, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Tried the T5N fast track for the first time (from land side anyway) - and it was a breeze, barely broke my stride through the whole security business... . (Pity business/first checkin is at the south end!)
Old May 5, 2016, 7:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CKBA
Tried the T5N fast track for the first time (from land side anyway) - and it was a breeze, barely broke my stride through the whole security business... . (Pity business/first checkin is at the south end!)
I use north fast track whenever I can. Always seems to be quiet, and several times when I have used it there has been no queuing whatsoever. I think anyone coming from the tube/HEX and without bags to check is crazy to not use it.
Old May 5, 2016, 9:27 am

As good a place as any to ask - where's the best place for Gold check in?

Best at Fast Track North? Any time I use the business check in at South it's rammed - are there any alternative options?
Old May 5, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by KARFA
I use north fast track whenever I can. Always seems to be quiet, and several times when I have used it there has been no queuing whatsoever. I think anyone coming from the tube/HEX and without bags to check is crazy to not use it.
Same here, and particularly when doing an int-Dom landslide transfer to avoid the FCC queues.

The FCC fast-track gets you to the right hand side only, whereas this fast track takes you to the extreme left and is always quiet in my experience.
Old May 5, 2016, 9:35 am

With hand luggage only? Online, via the app, or at the self service kiosks if you want a paper boarding pass.

With hold luggage? I generally go to the Club desks, then if they're particularly busy I'll check whether the First ones look any better.
Old May 5, 2016, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by TheTino04
As good a place as any to ask - where's the best place for Gold check in?

Best at Fast Track North? Any time I use the business check in at South it's rammed - are there any alternative options?
If you want to use your gold privilege of using the F desks to check in, then it is south side only. However for efficiency, go to any desk towards the north end and use the North fast track.

When the fabled new entry from the F area is open at the south end we will have to review this advice - but it will hold for a good while yet!
Old May 5, 2016, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by antichef
If you want to use your gold privilege of using the F desks to check in, then it is south side only. However for efficiency, go to any desk towards the north end and use the North fast track.

When the fabled new entry from the F area is open at the south end we will have to review this advice - but it will hold for a good while yet!

Thanks antichef! I've never used the first desks - I shall do so this evening

Where does this place you airside?
Old May 5, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks antichef! I've never used the first desks - I shall do so this evening

Where does this place you airside?
The new First security lane is not open yet so if you use the First desks you are closest to South security.
Old May 5, 2016, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
The new First security lane is not open yet so if you use the First desks you are closest to South security.

Ah ok - I'm not checking Luggage so will stick to the north channel - I had assumed the security channel was separate too
Old May 5, 2016, 3:43 pm

Ah ok - I'm not checking Luggage so will stick to the north channel - I had assumed the security channel was separate too
Correct move for now. The new entrance when opened will be in addition to the existing ones (AFAIK), and I understand will be from the First area. Until then for hand luggage only, North fast track is best IMHO.

For those who remember it, probably a bit like Zone R was in T1 (happy days! )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.