Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 11 December 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 11, 2015, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA

Venue
Now confirmed! LondonAndy spoke with the manager of the venue we used last year, and he remembered us fondly (apparently we drank him out of champagne!), so is happy to have us again:

Tapster
3 Brewers Green
Buckingham Gate
SW1H 0RH

It is a Davy’s winebar 5-10 minutes walk from Victoria station, close to St James’s Park station, (relatively) conveniently situated for all major London airports. It isn't the easiest place to find. It is at the junction of Caxton Street and Brewers Green, with a corner entrance to the wine bar downstairs (almost next door to the Blewcoat School which is a National Trust gift shop open until 17.30 if you arrive early!). If coming from Victoria Street turn down the road with "The Albert" on the corner.

There won't be any food provided as part of the Do, but Tapster do have a bar snacks menu which you can order from if you need some nibbles.

Map

Nearest tube stations, Victoria (, , ) and St James's Park (, )

Hotels
Current sales
Hilton sale - see here on HfP for details

Attendees - updated to post #76
Confirmed - 22
Arsey00, bermondseyflyer, CaroFos, chalf, danielbk, Docklandsguy, dutch_122, Greg76248, haasha, jabrams72, LHR FLYER, LondonAndy, lost_in_translation, matthandy, megaloman, OldFruity, OxfordBlue, profintraining, rapidex, Mrs rapidex, Richmond_Surrey, stevieed

Possibles - 9
AAtticus, chris1979, Cymro, headinclouds, icegirl, johnaalex, Physci, themapelligroup, vgang

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 5:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Hi. After having a chat with a few others recently we were thinking that a December pre-Christmas drinks in London might be a good idea. I am just thinking that a venue, date, and time are set and folks come along if they want - so fairly low key.

As for dates there will be no poll this year and we are going for Friday 11 December. Hopefully this should allow both those local to London to come and those from the regions to come down.

I realise that many will have various Christmas events so may not be able to come, but hopefully some will be able to and we can have a good night. In fact since the date was arranged it so happens I can't make it anymore which is a bit of a shame. A venue is being arranged and should be confirmed shortly.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 5:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
Flying to New York that day, so will have to give this one a miss, I'm afraid.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I'm in!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Unfortunately I'm out for this one, flying to Cologne the next morning for a couple of days at the Christmas Markets. I shall of course raise a Stein to you all!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
funnily enough, that date works well for me....

it's a "yes" from me.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: Tunnocks Tea Cake Platinum
Appreciate I'm just new but I'm local to London so may be able to swing by if it's open to all?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LHR FLYER
Appreciate I'm just new but I'm local to London so may be able to swing by if it's open to all?
Of course, please come along, it is open to all. Although I will not be around I am sure you will be welcomed by many of the others and enjoy the Do.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thank ye oh gods of FT for finally conspiring to have one while I'm in the country!

The day before my birthday too.

I'm in
Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:14 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite

Can't make it I'll be in either Athens, Lisbon or Rome. The suspense is killing me!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by LHR FLYER
absolutely! great way to meet some of the friendly faces behind the names!

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Thank ye oh gods of FT for finally conspiring to have one while I'm in the country!

The day before my birthday too.

I'm in
dangerous, dangerous.....
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
permission still to be sought, but a tentative YES from me
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:34 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Any chance of starting this DO at around 2 or 3pm? I'd love to come to a DO!

Friday nights are impossible for me, but Friday afternoons are usually easy (as long as I'm in the country!).
Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:22 am
Original Poster

No chance of the Do starting earlier. However, you can see if there are any other FT'ers who may join you for a pre-Do drink.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I have an exam that day if I finish early I might jump on a flight get there to celebrate in the spirit of FT.

Unfortunately I will know that at the very last minute.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BAEC Silver
I missed the last one due to a last minute business dinner, but I'll definitely try to make this my first one! Being local helps as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.