Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Pass

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Flight Pass

Fearing the almighty blue links from jerry.a.laska, I thought I would ask about yesterday's BAEC e-mail that mentioned Flight Pass. I seem to recall something similar many, many years ago but I'll be buggered if I can recall any recent mention of it.

The FAQ states that the standard Flight Pass books into L which accumulates 10 TPs (five more than the cheapest Y class) and the Freedom Option books into B which gives 20.

I had a quick look at random options solely within the UK & Ireland and it seems to be reasonably priced. I haven't taken the time to do a comparison of booking six separate tickets, for example.

Does anyone have any experience with Flight Pass or additional insight?

H

EDIT: the link https://www.optiontown.com/Worldwide...k&p=/01BAFPo1/

Last edited by Hoch; Oct 9, 2015 at 4:18 am Reason: Added the link
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Hoch
Fearing the almighty blue links from jerry.a.laska,
Hopefully he is asleep, but you can make do with me:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...on-ticket.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...ss-prices.html

Both BA and BMI had these arrangements, for BMI it was big business.

I don't think your email has been widely shared (yet), I've been told about it verbally but I think I have not been sent the email yet (though my email search function is down at the moment), so perhaps you can give us the FAQ link?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
... the FAQ link?
The 'find out more' button leads to https://www.optiontown.com/Worldwide...k&p=/01BAFPo1/
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:10 am

This has excited me no end!
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
After all my years on the BA forum, I have come learnt something new today^
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
that looks quite interesting from a price point of view.....
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
in fact, the pricing is incredible (if I understand it correctly)......
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:30 am

Can anyone confirm if the flight prices are for a return flight? It's not entirely clear from the FAQ's or T&C's. I'd assume it must be, otherwise they're not great value, but it would be good to know for sure. Also, is there any possibility these would be HBO fares? It says L class for standard fares (50% tier point and avios earning) and B class for the flexible option (100% earning) but I don't know if either of those can be HBO.

My main gripe is that it seems to be impossible to book less than 12 flights, I can't find a lower option on any route. That makes it a bit of a non-starter for me, if I could book 6 or 8 I'd definitely consider it as the price per flight for Malaga, which is a frequent route for me, was around £127 per flight - a bargain if it is indeed a return as I usually pay around the £200 mark. Another gripe is that LGW isn't included.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:36 am

I've just got a quote for 24 flights to EDI over 6 months, bookable up to 4 hours before travel and from any LON airport, for £122 each. That does look like a good price.

What I can't tell is whether the flights are actually flexible within the 4 hour window once booked, i.e. can you move to an earlier flight once at the airport? That would be a crucial factor here.

Can anyone click through to the review page and see the actual fare rules / Ts&Cs? When I try to register my details there's a glitch in the 'confirm password' field so I can't get to the next page.

[Edit: It appears from the FAQ below that you can't change within 4 hours of departure. That's a shame, as probably the biggest benefit of flexible tickets on commuter routes like EDI is being able to change once you're actually at the airport. I wonder if BA would in fact let you change once the ticket's in airport control though. Would the underlying fare rules actually restrict changes to a T-4hr deadline?]

Once you have used your Flight Pass and booked a flight, you can't change or cancel your flight, unless you purchased the ‘Freedom Option’ which allows you to change the date and time of travel for a ticketed booking up to four hours before departure for free (subject to availability).

Last edited by Ldnn1; Oct 9, 2015 at 4:09 am
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm looking on my main route (NCL - LHR) and it is showing in the £85 to £87 area (depending how many are bought) if 2 weeks notice of booking is given. Though not a stonking bargain (or even a manifest bargain), it's very competitively priced, my average is £97.44 over the last 100 sectors.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:04 am

Interesting stuff. Who/what is optiontown? Can't say I've come across this name before.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Hopefully he is asleep, but you can make do with me:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...on-ticket.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...ss-prices.html

Both BA and BMI had these arrangements, for BMI it was big business.

I don't think your email has been widely shared (yet), I've been told about it verbally but I think I have not been sent the email yet (though my email search function is down at the moment), so perhaps you can give us the FAQ link?
My sincere apologies

Thank you Roger for supplying the link.

I think it does look interesting and started exploring options last night when I got it. It's quite fortuitous because I was thinking about taking my son on a monthly flight within the UK before he starts school next September (the boy loves to fly). I'll take some more time to compare prices but if this works out well, then I'm all for it ^

H
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by cosmo74

My main gripe is that it seems to be impossible to book less than 12 flights, I can't find a lower option on any route. That makes it a bit of a non-starter for me, if I could book 6 or 8 I'd definitely consider
the routes I played with gave me option to book 6
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Can anyone confirm if the flight prices are for a return flight? It's not entirely clear from the FAQ's or T&C's. I'd assume it must be, otherwise they're not great value, but it would be good to know for sure. Also, is there any possibility these would be HBO fares? It says L class for standard fares (50% tier point and avios earning) and B class for the flexible option (100% earning) but I don't know if either of those can be HBO.
They're return flights according to the FAQs:

How many flights can I buy with a single Flight Pass?
You can select from six to 24 return flights with each Flight Pass.
Any booking class on BA can be HBO but I see no indication that these are actually HBO.

I have family living both in Vienna and near ZRH, so the Austria/Switzerland region is incredible for me. I've been flying easyJet a lot lately but this has got to be the best enhancement (in the genuine sense!) ever for me.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Very interesting
Shame (from my own perspective) that it does not include LGW routes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.