Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coffee in Club

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by scillyisles
Nespresso machines are standard fare in BA First.
Actually, as discussed in other thread, BA quietly replaced Nespresso by some inferior product in F some time ago (although I believe that they kept it on the A380). I seem to remember that it is going to be reintroduced due to customers' feedback though.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We still have Nespresso machines it was the Nespresso capsules that were replaced with an inferior but cheaper product, we now have the Nespresso capsules back onboard.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Surely it's a combination of not using a good coffee brand (ground, instant or otherwise), obtaining the correct temperature and the type of water used. On the latter, I have always found hard water is less preferable to soft water.

Then again, I'm in the tea camp. But as with my coffee sans sugar or milk.

H
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold
When I worked for Go, they prided themselves on having decent cafetiere coffee, the custimers liked it and were willing to pay. The downside was the massive cost of fixing / replacing aircraft toilet systems as crew would throw coffee grounds down them.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
A cheap tea bag can still make a reasonable cup of tea.
Cheap coffee on the other hand is always terrible.
I must disagree with you on this matter.

Cheap tea bags make bad tea, and make terrible tea for anything other than very strong tea.

Anyone making coffee using a Nespresso machine, espresso machine with ground coffee, or similar should be making tea with at least a high grade teabag with loose leaf (not shredded) tea, and preferably loose tea in a filter basket or large filter bag.

To do any less is to be serving a tea product of much lower quality than the coffee product.

This does mean that almost every cafe, coffee shop, etc, is serving lower quality tea than coffee - but tea drinkers already know that.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
It is British Airways. It is bad enough that they are even serving coffee. They should serve tea only.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by flatlander

To do any less is to be serving a tea product of much lower quality than the coffee product.
There was some hoopla a while ago about improved teas, but then they got enhanced back to regular floor sweepings.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
A cheap tea bag can still make a reasonable cup of tea.
Cheap coffee on the other hand is always terrible.
+1

I used to be worried about BA's tea because of the boiling water issue, but now I'd much rather have the tea than the awful coffee. The BA coffee bags should be banned as a crime against hot beverages.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Was upgraded from y to j in cx & they were serving illy coffee onboard. Lx serves l'espresso in j
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:07 pm

SQ has an extensive coffee menu... refer to attached posted by OMAAT:

http://onemileatatime.img.boardingar...ss_Class15.jpg
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Actually, as discussed in other thread, BA quietly replaced Nespresso by some inferior product in F some time ago (although I believe that they kept it on the A380). I seem to remember that it is going to be reintroduced due to customers' feedback though.
Actually as mentioned on other threads and as pointed out by CIHY below, BA did some enhancement for a time by buying non branded but compatible coffee capsules for their Nespresso machines that are fitted to all their long haul F airplanes..
Even BA can work out that removing Nespresso machines from aircraft and replacing with other machines is not a cost effective exercise or shall we say a worthwhile enhancement.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just to show a European carrier can do a good looking and tasting espresso, here is what I received a few years ago on AY longhaul:

In terms of tea I do like the BA tea, although I always encourage them to brew it as strong as possible for me.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:02 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by diamantaire
Was upgraded from y to j in cx & they were serving illy coffee onboard. Lx serves l'espresso in j
CX has Espresso if you ask for it (via Nespresso capsules)
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Judging by this thread BA really need to do something as it seems to annoy people almost as much as YQ charges!

Do you need to ask for proper coffee in F as I recently got the usual muck in F on BA33 LHR-KUL?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by sxc
CX has Espresso if you ask for it (via Nespresso capsules)
I've always had the Illy espresso on CX it is actually very good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.