Seating Queries: Club World

Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Question Seating Queries: Club World

This thread is a continuation of the very popular Seating Queries: Club World thread. Its purpose is for all your questions (and answers) regarding the best, worst, noisiest, and quietest seats in Club World. Each slide below contains a three digit alpha-numeric code which relate to specific aircraft type. These "aircraft type" codes are displayed in the Manage My Booking page when you select your seats.

This (the 70J) aircraft configuration has now been phased out.

You will note there are two types not represented here: the Gatwick based four class Boeing 777 (77A) and the mid haul Airbus A321. Unfortunately, the seat maps for these aircraft are not presently available on BA.com but I hope to be able to add these sometime in the near future.

Related threads
BA Airbus A380: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread
Extra legroom seats on the 777 fleet in Club
The 'Extra Legroom Seats in Club' Guide to the 747
Best legroom in J on a 767
Seating Queries: First

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 24, 2017 at 4:00 pm Reason: Add 86J 747
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Sixth Freedom's guide to which CW seats on the 4 class 777 have the best window views

The 4 class 777 comes in a number of configurations and some of the seats do not have a great view out of the window.

4 class 777-200 with 12 or 14 F seats
Operates across all 777-200 routes

10AK = no window aligned with seat - poor view and lack of natural light
11AK = good view
12AK = missing window - poor view
13AK = good view
14AK = good view
15AK = missing window - lack of natural light

4 class 777-200 with 17 F seats
Only operates on routes less than 4,000 miles or so

10AK = no window aligned with seat - poor view
11AK = missing window - poor view and lack of natural light
12AK = good view
13AK = good view
14AK = missing window - poor view and lack of natural light
15AK = good view

4 class 777-300 with 17 F seats

Row 10: window behind seat hood but missing window at pax view point - views unlikely
Row 11: full complement of windows, window to front of hood offering good views
Row 12: window behind hood with panel split at view point, slightly less preferred for viewing
Row 13: full complement, window to front of hood offering good views
Row 14: missing window behind hood and slightly to front of view point - view possible but may be hindered slightly
Row 15: window to front and rear of hood, middle window of 3 missing, view probably unhindered but less natural light
Row 16: approximately normal complement of windows except no window at end of cabin so the seat may be missing one or half a window with no impact on view

Summary:

Row 13 is the only row guaranteed to have unobstructed window views across all 777 aircraft.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
4 class 777-300 with 17 F seats
I thought they were all 14F?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Shouldn't the A321 Club World cabin be added to the first post? Great new design, Prospero.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:38 am

777W Clubworld 16E/F

Hi All,

<T-72 for our CW flight and the seats 16EF on the 777W config have become available.

Since the only seats left for pre-selection are middle pairs, this pair might be the best.

but at this stage is it possible/likely to be moved out of these seats for someone to use the bassinet position??

Would be grateful for any advice!!

thanks
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:42 am

It is possible right upto boarding but most people travelling with infants normally book further out and as they get free seat selection it is unlikely you will be moved.
Joejet
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Unlikely, 16A and 16K are also bassinet positions so I wouldn't worry.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
I assume 1a/b on B787 are the quiestest and the most private ?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Question 40J 777 - bassinet and row alignment in CW?

Following yesterday's news that our flights to/from Grenada have changed day and operating via Antigua instead of St Lucia I have lost the seat reservation and have had to reselect seats on the new flights. The aircraft is a 40J 777-200.

We are 2 adults, 1 child (3 years old) and 1 baby (9 months). Outbound is ok and we have the bassinet position with the rear middle pair and an adjacent aisle seat (3 D, E, F).

For the overnight return 3F and G have already been selected so we can't have the middle E/F pair to ourselves. I have currently got 3 B, D and E selected (bassinet plus 2 aisle seats) with 1 adult and the 3 year old in the B and D aisle seats.

How are the window pairs aligned with the centre block of 4 seats? We need easy sight and access to the 3 year old. Is 4B (currently free) better aligned to 3D for sight and access or should we stick with 3B?
Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
When do the Bassinet Seats become available. I have tried to move us today to 15E F for flight to Tokyo in just under 72 hours which look available on the seat map but we can't move into them. I have tried talking to BAEC line but unusually in my experience language skills were poor: did not know that I hadn't paid for seats as I am Silver, did not know that I did not have an infant with me, did not know the seats were released at T-72 and left me on hold for 15 minutes before I gave up.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Hubbabridge
When do the Bassinet Seats become available.
IME, at about lunchtime UK time on the day three days before the flight (eg on Monday for a flight on Thursday) - the same as all the other things which become available when the edited seat map is released.

However:-
  • [*]
  • [*]
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:17 am

I'd say about half the agents I've spoken to about shifting to a bassinet seat don't know that it's possible. Fortunately they have all been willing to try - and succeeded.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:32 am

YUL-LHR 3 class 777; best seat in J?

I am booked into 05K but is this an OK seat on a 3 class 777? It is a very short TA flight so sleeping is key.

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Nothing to see here now, thanks.

Last edited by Globaliser; Oct 3, 2014 at 11:22 am
Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; TK Gold; KLM Gold
My favorite is 5A: rear-facing, but it's the only window seat where you don't have to hop over anyone's legs to get out. It feels very private, too.

Originally Posted by budham
I am booked into 05K but is this an OK seat on a 3 class 777? It is a very short TA flight so sleeping is key.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.