Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two Hot Meals(Kosher) in Y SFO-LHR-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Two Hot Meals(Kosher) in Y SFO-LHR-SFO

With the new catering implemented in Y with two full hot meals being served I wonder how they would do the Kosher Meals? I imagine they load two hot Kosher Meals. On BA do they have the same KSML as in WT+/WT and J or are there separate KSMLs. I know on some airlines they mix the KSMLs with the Y/J cabins.

Could someone here that has ordered KSMLs from SFO or Gate Gourmet going(I know they have an outsourced caterer for the KSMLs) and from Hermolis from LHR that would be most appreciative. I could not find any photos or info about BA's KSMLs although I have read that Hermolis was very good.

Would one get more food as opposed to the regular meal. If someone here has photos of the Y KSML that would be helpful and any experiences.

Note to MODs while I started a thread a few months ago nobody specifically answered my questions regarding the KSML in terms of their experience.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:12 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
BA from LHR has excellent KSMLs. From New York the meals are reasonable, but I have no idea what you may get from other US destinations. Probably the same as New York (catered by Borenstein). The meals in WT/WT+/CW/F are different. CW is significantly better than the others, both in quality and in quantity, as is F. WT+ is a 'upgraded' WT meal. Slightly larger.

By the way, you may get more responses in the Religious travellers forum here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=604
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by danielonn
With the new catering implemented in Y with two full hot meals being served I wonder how they would do the Kosher Meals? I imagine they load two hot Kosher Meals. On BA do they have the same KSML as in WT+/WT and J or are there separate KSMLs. I know on some airlines they mix the KSMLs with the Y/J cabins.

Could someone here that has ordered KSMLs from SFO or Gate Gourmet going(I know they have an outsourced caterer for the KSMLs) and from Hermolis from LHR that would be most appreciative. I could not find any photos or info about BA's KSMLs although I have read that Hermolis was very good.

Would one get more food as opposed to the regular meal. If someone here has photos of the Y KSML that would be helpful and any experiences.

Note to MODs while I started a thread a few months ago nobody specifically answered my questions regarding the KSML in terms of their experience.
Isn't this now the 3rd thread you have started about this???
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:34 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The Hermolis meals are Hermolis meals. They fit the bill as a Kosher option, and are plentiful (which is how Hermolis functions).
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by simons1
Isn't this now the 3rd thread you have started about this???
Why don't you just wait and see and then come back and tell us?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.